SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    226 sear
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 sear Login/Join 
posted
I am going to convert my 226 from DAK to DA/SA. Are the sears the same for both models? TGS says in their FAQ section that I need to buy a new one to do the conversion yet they only offer one type. Thanks

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send me a email and I’ll send you a new sear.

Posts: 239 | Registered: April 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
If you have a DAK sear, it’s the same as current DA/SA sears. The original DA/SA sears had to be modified slightly to work in DAK pistols, but DAK sears work in DA/SA guns with no problem.

I believe the “get a new sear” advice is a carryover from installing a new hammer in a DA/SA pistol. Because the single action sear/hammer engagement is critical and problems could be encountered if using a new hammer with an old sear, that was the origin of the new sear admonition. The DAK system, however, does not cause any wear on the single action engagement part of the sear, so if a conversion to DA/SA is made, it’s like using a new sear (unless, of course, the gun previously had a DA/SA trigger at some point).

The sear that was developed for DAK pistols showing the scalloped cut on one side that was added to permit the sear to rotate farther to clear the sear spring pin:

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47410 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Mbacker, thanks for the offer. I'll try the one I have and see how it works out. If it doesn't, perhaps I'll take you up on the offer

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post