SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    After cerakote SS frame- polish inside of frame?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

After cerakote SS frame- polish inside of frame? Login/Join 
posted
Hello All,

I have a P220 Stainless Elite that I had CeraKoted at my LGS. Why? it had significant pitting under the old [rotten] wooden grips.

This pitting, and the rotten grips, was the only major damage- and resulted in me buying the pistol for around $700. don't judge me! Razz

I fit the slide/frame again, and it took some work for the slide to move smoothly.

That got me to thinking about the inside of the frame and polishing.

is there enough side contact on the sear/hammer/trigger bar/slide stop/etc that I should polish the contact areas of the inside of the frame, to maintain the excellent trigger feel it has?

Or, is there not that much contact to begin with?

Thank you for your insights.

Sigs and Non-Sigs: I enjoy having options!

Posts: 684 | Location: South San Joaquin Valley, CA | Registered: September 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If it still has a good trigger feel, I would just put some oil or grease on the areas that make contact and not worry about it.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post