SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P Series Mag Release Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P Series Mag Release Problem Login/Join 
Picture of Ironbutt
posted
Help me out here. I recently installed Gray Guns Dual Action Triggers in my M11A1 & 226. Both installs required a little bit of jiggling to get in, but went rather smoothly. No prying, hammering or anything like that was needed.

The triggers function fine, but after the installs the mag releases on both guns became very hard to press. Lubrication helped a little, but they are both still very sticky. What the heck went wrong?

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Did you remove the magazine catches as part of the disassembly?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Did you remove the magazine catches as part of the disassembly?

No. Replacing the trigger only required removing the slide release lever, locking block, trigger pin & trigger. I can't figure out how that affected the mag release. It's fine with an empty mag, but with a full mag, it's a real bear to depress the button.

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Update: I removed the mag catch & greased the heck out of the inside of the frame & the mag release itself. This helped a lot. I've never taken the mag releases out & greased them, but they've always gotten a few drops of oil on them during cleaning. I still can't understand why I never had a problem with it until I changed triggers, which really don't have anything to do with the mag release.
Oh well. Now I know.

Thomas Sowell