SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P228 sight removal/installation

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P228 sight removal/installation Login/Join 
Picture of IB Slingin
posted
After reading numerous posts about this, I still cant decide which tool(s) to use. As far as punches go, brass, delrin, nylon, even wood. My P228 has mepro sights on there now that I want to replace with the factory sights. Brownells has a decent selection of punches, what do you guys recommend I order? Just missed an MGW sight pusher that was for sale....oh well. Thank you

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy." - Josey Wales

Posts: 63 | Registered: March 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Keep looking for a SIG sight tool. Hammer and punches are a poor substitute, in my opinion. Success with a punch may depend on how tight the sights are. Brass, Delrin, Nylon are all good. Brass may leave a mark, however, it can be removed with copper solvent like Hoppe's or many others-it just takes some time.

You don't list a location; perhaps there is a member nearby who has a tool. Or you could mail the slide to someone that has one.

Posts: 10428 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IB Slingin
posted Hide Post
Thanks Gary! Im located in Miami, Florida.

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy." - Josey Wales

Posts: 63 | Registered: March 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of y-not
posted Hide Post
There are several of use that has a sight pusher we will loan out if you only need it for a short time.
I am in Tampa area email me if you need it. also topgun supply usually has them for sell.

“Denial kills you twice. It kills you once, at your moment of truth when you are not physically prepared: You didn’t bring your gun; you didn’t train. Your only defense was wishful thinking. Hope is not a strategy. Denial kills you a second time because even if you do physically survive, you are psychologically shattered by fear, helplessness, horror and shame at your moment of truth.”

Posts: 630 | Location: Pinellas Park, Fl | Registered: January 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post