SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P226 40 S&W flat recoil spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P226 40 S&W flat recoil spring Login/Join 
posted
I ordered a 3 pack of recoil springs from the Sig store a few days ago as they fit my P220 also. The picture on the website showed 3 green multi strand springs & the description confirmed it was a 3 pack. I received ONE flat spring today. Just got off the phone with their CS. He stated that they no longer use multi strand springs. He did say that they would ship me the missing springs. Anyone have experience with these flat springs in the P226 or P220? The part# is RSS-2230-2264.

Posts: 43 | Location: Long Island | Registered: September 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I have had flat coil springs in other SIG handguns and they worked just as well.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Surprised they said no multi strand springs, because I just got a 3 pack of the 9mm version, which had been sold out for a while

Posts: 186 | Registered: April 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by time2shoot:
Just got off the phone with their CS. He stated that they no longer use multi strand springs.

SIG customer service reps are notoriously ill-informed about technical details like recoil springs. The fact that you got a flat spring demonstrates that you got a flat spring, that’s all. The representative may be correct and there will be no more multistrand springs as soon as they’re all sold out, but it could be a temporary supply issue or someone may say, “You know, that flat spring thing was not a good idea; let’s go back to the original.”

Then again, the flat springs have been used in various SIGs for many years, and the information could be correct and permanent. SIG has done things like that many times before.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only flat factory spring i have seen was for P239 and P245 which share the same spring.

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Are you familiar with the P320? The ones I am familiar with use flat wire recoil springs.
That was the basis for my comment about their use.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post