SIGforum
any sight tool for the P365?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/4290011834

February 22, 2018, 02:24 PM
elmer
any sight tool for the P365?
Had a customer bring in a P365 for new sight swap. has a new set of Sig sights. Any tool available for this?
February 22, 2018, 03:27 PM
Chris Orndorff
I'm a hammer/punch guy myself, although I do own a couple of pushers. The "universal" pushers should work as well.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

March 16, 2018, 02:43 PM
ACES Tactical
Nothing as of yet from factory. I will be up at the Academy to teach armorers courses on the 26-29th. I will inquire about tooling. I think MGW will probably end up making one once there are more guns out there. JMO
March 29, 2018, 11:32 PM
beltfed21
The Wheeler Universal sight pusher might work.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"
March 30, 2018, 11:47 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by ACES Tactical:
I think MGW will probably end up making one once there are more guns out there.

Unfortunately, MGW seems to be getting out of the individual model sight pusher game. They've recently discontinued some of their individual models, like for the M&P.

They appear to be trying to force everyone into their more expensive universal Sight Pro and Range Master models.
March 31, 2018, 03:58 PM
sigfreund
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
They appear to be trying to force everyone into their more expensive universal Sight Pro and Range Master models.

Oh, no: I’m being forced! #metoo
Wink

That doesn’t surprise me in thinking about it. What sort of people even buy sight tools like that? I’m guessing the vast majority are professionals or advanced amateurs with several different pistols. I have the Pro, but the Range Master looks pretty good, and may even have an advantage or two over the Pro. For about twice the price of the single model tool and <$20 for the “shoe,” I’d have to be pretty much absolutely certain that I’d never, ever, want to work on more than one gun before limiting myself to a specific pusher. And if they’re not selling the single model units, it would make sense to discontinue them.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 31, 2018, 05:41 PM
rscalzo
The Sight Pro tool slide block is in the process of being manufactured. I'd guess a few weeks at least.

Unless MGW makes a firearm specific unit, Sig isn't going to offer one. They don't use them. I'd love to have the setup used at the academy but it's big money.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
April 02, 2018, 04:57 PM
JAFO
The stated difference between the Pro and RangeMaster is the front sight reach. It's listed as 0.75" from the rear of the slide underlug on the RangeMaster, and 1.75" on the Pro. I'd like to get one of these two models (and probably sell my P-series pusher), but I don't know if I'd ever need the extra reach. Are there many guns that need it? I was going to measure my X5 tonight to see how far that one is, but I'd like to get a 1911 at some point, and MGW states that some Colt models need that extra reach.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates
April 07, 2018, 10:58 PM
pedropcola
I just bought the Pro today. I got back from a match and decided I wanted to swap out some sights and went looking. I hate the idea of individual pushers for every gun. I like lots of different guns. I shopped around and Brownells had the Pro on sale for 279 and 20 per shoe. I bought a few shoes for brands I have lying around. I probably will end up buying a few more shoes.

The only advantage of the Pro is the reach for the forward sight. It seems like 1911's are the biggest offender in this category.

I am eager to try this thing out. I have always found it difficult to experiment with different sights so I am willing to try this out.
April 21, 2018, 07:50 AM
Ghost-1
I figured MGW would get to that point of not making separate pushers and coming out with a universal type [usher. I am looking at getting a pro to make it easier for me to do sights on all of my 320's.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

May 24, 2018, 01:59 PM
beltfed21
Broke out my Wheeler universal sight pusher for my Wife’s P365 which was shooting a little left.

The Wheeler worked great! I like the Wheeler sine multiple plates are not needed for different pistols. It also will do front sights for pistols that have front left/right dovetails.

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"