SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P230 / P232 hammer reset spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P230 / P232 hammer reset spring Login/Join 
posted
I have broken the hammer reset spring on my late production P230 (and so it has that feature, just like the P232) and can't find a replacement part anywhere -- it is out of stock at Sig, Brownells, Numrich, etc. Anybody has any idea as to how to fix this? The same type of spring from a P239 looks kind of similar in pictures but I do not know if it is actually the same. Any kind of help would be very appreciated -- it just feels so silly that the entire gun is now disabled because of what is possibly the cheapest, smallest part. Thank you

Posts: 14 | Registered: January 05, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Numrich sells the older P230 spring kit. I'd check there and see if it's in stock.

Posts: 827 | Location: CA | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks -- can't seem to find it. Probably no longer available.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
...the entire gun is now disabled...

Is it really? Considering that the early P230s did not have the spring and worked, why is yours disabled? If the broken spring is causing a jam, then remove it. You may argue that the gun is less safe, however, I question that it won't function.

PS: I checked my stash and I don't have one.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I removed the spring and the hammer now moves freely but it is flopping around and loose when it is close to the slide. The older P230 that I also have does not have this return spring but the hammer is somehow not as loose. I suppose you are right - it still works but not as safe.