SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Romeo Zero red dot question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Romeo Zero red dot question Login/Join 
posted
Not sure if this question fits in a gunsmithing forum, but hopefully someone can help me out.

I put a new Sig Romeo Zero red dot optic on my P365XL, when activated the red dot is in the upper left hand corner of the display.

My question is this: where does the red dot go in relation to the front sight? On top? Covering it up?

71 year old trying to learn something new, thanks for your patience.

Retired. U.S. Army Vietnam Veteran, Police (Motorcycle) Officer, SWAT trained

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas, where else!  | Registered: April 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
When you zero your optic you may find the red dot position is higher than your front sight. When shooting you will be concentrating on the red dot not the front sight.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
When you zero your optic you may find the red dot position is higher than your front sight. When shooting you will be concentrating on the red dot not the front sight.

I have the original romeo. The slide it lives on came with suppressor sights Not the night sight kind and yes the dot sits slightly above the front sight on mine as well. I am still undecided about the red dot sights though aging eyes may decide that for me. Will see what the eye doc says about my cataracts which are sort of inching up on needing to be done. Cataract surgery in the time of covid?

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of T.Webb
posted Hide Post
I went to one of those Sig days at my range. I shot a SAO P226 and 229 with a Romeo dot.

The guy from Sig recommended I ignore the factory (Suppressor Height) sights and just concentrate on the optic.

And, I assume that after mounting the optic on your gun, you'd need to bore sight it and fine tune everything to hit at point of aim at a given distance.

"Tonight, we are a country awakened to danger and called to defend freedom. Our grief has turned to anger and anger to resolution. Whether we bring our enemies to justice or bring justice to our enemies, justice will be done". {George W. Bush, Post 9/11}

Posts: 842 | Location: Long Island, N.Y. / Stephentown, N.Y. | Registered: March 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the instructions I got straight from Sig for the Romeo Zero.

With the Romeo Zero, a special zeroing procedure needs to be followed, or else the optic can become irrevocably damaged.

I would strongly recommend following the following procedure:

After installing the Romeo Zero using an applicable in/lb torque wrench, do not attempt to boresight, "co-witness",

or zero the optic without discharging the firearm in any fashion.

Take said in/lb torque wrench with you to the range. Set your target at a distance of minimum 12.5yds.

The Romeo Zero is specifically designed to zero at this distance, any attempts at zeroing closer will very likely result in disappointment.

After acquiring a shot grouping, clear the weapon and prepare to adjust the optic by relieving torque on the two mounting screws.

When the optic is appropriately torqued down on the slide, one or both adjustment screws may freeze.

Make your adjustments carefully and very slowly. After adjusting, torque the optic again to ~9 or ~10 in/lb.

Follow the previous steps until you are zeroed.

Failure to follow this procedure can permanently damage the adjustment screws and housing, which will necessitate service.

Posts: 6 | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwypd:
Here are the instructions I got straight from Sig for the Romeo Zero.

With the Romeo Zero, a special zeroing procedure needs to be followed, or else the optic can become irrevocably damaged.

I would strongly recommend following the following procedure:

After installing the Romeo Zero using an applicable in/lb torque wrench, do not attempt to boresight, "co-witness",

or zero the optic without discharging the firearm in any fashion. we

Take said in/lb torque wrench with you to the range. Set your target at a distance of minimum 12.5yds.

The Romeo Zero is specifically designed to zero at this distance, any attempts at zeroing closer will very likely result in disappointment.

After acquiring a shot grouping, clear the weapon and prepare to adjust the optic by relieving torque on the two mounting screws.

When the optic is appropriately torqued down on the slide, one or both adjustment screws may freeze.

Make your adjustments carefully and very slowly. After adjusting, torque the optic again to ~9 or ~10 in/lb.

Follow the previous steps until you are zeroed.

Failure to follow this procedure can permanently damage the adjustment screws and housing, which will necessitate service.

Sounds like another reason to avoid Romeo zero. I like the one I have didn’t try to collocate as generally sight for 25 yards anyway.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post