SIGforum
P365 trigger

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/4150011254

January 14, 2019, 01:31 PM
rabbit hunter
P365 trigger
Why is there so much creep in the P365 trigger? Striker fired rifles have fine, crisp trigger pulls. Why can't a striker fired pistol?. Yes, the rifle has a safety. The pistol has a passive striker block safety. I would think the first part of the take up could deactivate the striker block. The remainder of the pull could be light and crisp to release the striker. Why not?
Has anyone yet done a good trigger job on the P365?
March 06, 2019, 08:53 PM
P365Operator
I find the trigger to be crisp, though I'll define that a litter better. There are 3 aspects to the trigger (at least mine). The pre-travel that is basically just slack / the return spring. The lowering of the sear / pushing the striker safety. Then you hit a bit of extra resistance maybe at 80% or 90% of the needed pull straighten at the edge of the sear. The break on that wall is super crisp in my opinion.

IMO this makes precision / distance shots easier while still nice to pull though for more rapid shooting.

If you mean crisp like how a Glock pulls to a wall that you break through with nearly all of your pull at the wall and the trigger having with no movement at the wall. I don't think you will ever be happy, though the P365 is popular enough that there may be money to be had making it feel like a Glock.
March 09, 2019, 07:37 PM
tonelar
i went from a kahr pm9 to the 365.

to me, it’s a pretty phenomenal trigger.

grass= greener

quote:
RIPbiker13:
...even a .22 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your truck.
March 22, 2019, 01:13 AM
Pittwm
Have you shot a Glock?
March 29, 2019, 08:07 AM
sns3guppy
quote:
Originally posted by rabbit hunter:
Why is there so much creep in the P365 trigger? Striker fired rifles have fine, crisp trigger pulls. Why can't a striker fired pistol?. Yes, the rifle has a safety. The pistol has a passive striker block safety. I would think the first part of the take up could deactivate the striker block. The remainder of the pull could be light and crisp to release the striker. Why not?
Has anyone yet done a good trigger job on the P365?

I guess it's relative. I think the trigger on the P365 is excellent.
May 06, 2019, 04:52 PM
Warhorse
I too am impressed with the bone stock trigger on my new 365.

May 13, 2019, 10:02 PM
P320Mac
I measured the force required for 3 P365 as:
(in pounds-force) 6, 6, and 6.5

For many, such heavy triggers are expected. For others, 2 pf less would be better.

Eventually, improvements to the trigger of this very popular pistol will be developed.

Quality pocket pistols are down, in my opinion, to LC9s Pro (discontinued, but might find one), G43 or G42, and P365. Just an opinion.

Mac in Michigan
May 15, 2019, 07:57 PM
P320Mac
Finally today good weather for outdoor shooting (first in many months) - before rained out - I shot up some of many bits-and-pieces. You know: 100 round box with five rounds left. . . .
Alternated P365 and G43 - fire one then the other. G43 has lighter trigger (has been worked on) and feels more thin. P365 has better sights.
It became clear that the apparent recoil of the P365 was less than that of G43. Both hit accurately with all sorts of ammo target at 15 yards.
Fired marked rounds that did not pass gauge and the P365 ate all of them - as if it was a PPS-M2. Based on direct comparison, P365 is a bit ahead - an improvement of the P365 trigger would put it even farther ahead.

Mac in Michigan