SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 Take Down

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Take Down Login/Join 
Picture of greg1147
posted
Why does the take lever take so much effort to rotate compared to my P226? I now carry a small pair of channel locks in case I need to take it down during a competition or range trip. I have installed a Bruce Gray guide rod but even with the OEM it's becoming a PITA
TIA Greg

Massachusetts: where freedom began and freedom ended
"the soul of a dog is pure"
"If any of you think you are going to live forever you will be truly disappointed" Drill Instructor

Posts: 156 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by greg1147:
Why does the take lever take so much effort to rotate compared to my P226?

Some seem to come from SIG more difficult to turn than others, judging by comments posted here. Mine was somewhat stiff when new, but I could still manage it, and it has smoothed out some over time. I still hold the gun so I can push down from the top with my stronger thumb, rather than levering it from the side. Make sure to keep some oil on the lever shaft, and especially on the O-ring. Mine is still more difficult to turn than other SIG models I have owned.

Posts: 8329 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
I have Bruce's guide rods in every one of my 320's. While stiff, none require anything more than finger pressure to rotate.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 4936 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I can rotate my 320s takedown lever more easily while my pistol is laying on a cleaning mat. All the force is applied to the lever instead of fighting myself by holding the pistol in one hand and using the thumb of the other hand to rotate it.

____________________________________________________________________________________
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 1671 | Location: Central Va. | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of greg1147
posted Hide Post
Thanks got it under control, thought it me with the arthritis thing.

Massachusetts: where freedom began and freedom ended
"the soul of a dog is pure"
"If any of you think you are going to live forever you will be truly disappointed" Drill Instructor

Posts: 156 | Location: VA | Registered: June 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post