SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Smith to install Holosight on 210?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Smith to install Holosight on 210? Login/Join 
posted
My old 210 shot better than anything I ever owned, but my eyesight was not up to it. Now thinking of buying a new one, and getting a Holosight on the slide. But who could not that?

thank you

Posts: 106 | Registered: September 18, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure of anyone who would mill one, if you find someone I'd like to know. But there are several that have a dovetail mount. EGW and armourycraft. There is also the possibility of a bridge mount as I have seen that locally, but have no idea who built it. I have not used this particular EGW part, but have bought lots of other stuff from them and its normally well sorted.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Grayguns has reportedly done some amazing work on P210s (and countless other guns), including some modifications that I recall were to make the P210 suitable for an LE duty weapon. They would be the first company I would consider for such a project.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm having issues with my eyesight ,too....but I can't imagine doing that to a P210.
Sounds like a wonderful excuse to pick up another gun that would be a better fit for a red dot. JMO , of course. mike

Posts: 1272 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The dovetail mount is completely reversible at the penalty of being a bit higher than if you milled it. I can't see why you wouldn't give it a try.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10990 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Hi! We have a not-too-awful solution for permanently mounting two of the smaller RDS’. We’ll post some images from our display at SIG Range Day at SHOT. Thank you Sigfreund, for your kind recommendation! I hope you’ve been well and it’s good to see you posting here.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post