SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Procedure for P227 grip removal?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Procedure for P227 grip removal? Login/Join 
posted
The P227 has no grip screws. What is the recommended procedure for removing the one-piece grip?

M

Posts: 9 | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakeriedog
posted Hide Post
The guns with E2 grips come with a plastic t-shaped tool (kind of t-shaped) that you stick inside of the magazine well and twist to get the grips to detach from the frame. If you don't have one, I think sig will send you one.

Posts: 37 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lakeriedog
posted Hide Post

Posts: 37 | Location: San Francisco | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Many thanks.

M

Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
Be VERY careful you don't damage the trigger bar spring (TBS) when removing and installing the grip. It's easy to do.

Myself and others use a plastic shim to insert between the TBS and grip. Prevents the TBS from snagging on the grips and bending it.

It's a good idea to have a spare TBS for any of the Sig pistols. If it is damaged, it's very hard to determine by observation.

Welcome to the forum...

Posts: 3562 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good advice. Thank you.

M

Picture of Prince Herman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lakeriedog:
If you don't have one, I think sig will send you one.
I am not sure they will send you one; but they will surely sell you one.

quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
Be VERY careful you don't damage the trigger bar spring (TBS) when removing and installing the grip...Myself and others use a plastic shim to insert between the TBS and grip...If it is damaged, it's very hard to determine by observation.
FWIW, you can use a credit card as a "shim". If you are concerned about a damage spring have a spare on-hand for a comparison; it makes it easier.

It looks like this: e-2 tool you can buy the tool for less than $10

Posts: 498 | Location: S.E. Pa. | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post