SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P239 conversion from .357 SIG to 9mm

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P239 conversion from .357 SIG to 9mm Login/Join 
posted
I want to get a threaded 9mm barrel to run in my P239 which is currently setup for .357 SIG. Do I need a different spring, or can I just swap the barrel and mags?

I haven't been able to find a conversion kit, but any recommendations would be appreciated!

Posts: 7 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
there are 9mm "conversion barrels" that will work in a 239 of another caliber (I have one for my .40 239SAS); but I don't know if a regular 9mm barrel will work. Maybe someone else knows...

If the barrel works - you don't necessarily need other springs and stuff. At least that's the case for my conversion. I can use the .40 springs and even the .40 magazines if I want.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 2551 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah ha, I seem to remember some confusion along those lines, which is why I didn't do this the last time I had the question.

Can anyone confirm a threaded 9mm barrel that will work in a .357 SIG P239?

Posts: 7 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: January 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
check about 5 threads below this one - they're talking about using non-conversion barrels - and it works for some guns...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 2551 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
See my post here. Substitute .357 for .40:
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...120047514#1120047514

Many, including myself, have successfully used Sig OEM native 9 mm barrel rather than a Bar-Sto or Fire Dragon true 9 mm conversion barrel.

I know my .40 mags feed the 9 mm just fine. However, since the P239 uses different mags for .40 and .357, you may or may not be able to use the .357 mags for 9 mm.

Finally, since you mention threaded barrel, I presume you will want to use a can on it. Don't know if that will make any difference in reliability using a Sig OEM native 9 mm threaded barrel. Haven't seen anything regarding this on the SF.

Posts: 3562 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 239 in 357 functions well with the factory 9mm barrel and 357 magazines. Sluggish, but functions.

Posts: 200 | Registered: December 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
The 357/40 slide (right) is taller and heavier, so use the lighter 9mm recoil spring.

Posts: 10537 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a factory 9mm threaded barrel in my P239 .40 with no problems. I don't change anything but the barrel and it functions flawlessly.

Edited to add that using the taller slide of the .40/.357 allows you to see the sights if you use a 1.25" diameter suppressor. Just FYI.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tusk,

Posts: 140 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: December 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post