Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Mosquito Login/Join 
Picture of andy.kessner
posted
How can I fix my Sig Mosquito to extract and eject. It has quit working properly no matter what ammo is used. I sent two emails to Sig Customer support, but they never answered me back.
Andy
I hate to just throw this great feeling little plinker away and I refuse to sell a broken gun to anybody.

Member Winchester Arms Collectors Assoc.
Life Member TSTRA
Life Member NRA
Member Cody Firearms Museum
Member Houston Gun Collectors Assoc.

Posts: 6 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: May 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would send it in to Sig. Those guns have had problems for a long time. 22s are generally not particularly reliable, the Mosquito even more so. The Ruger SR 22 and the Buckmark are two very reliable 22 pistols.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andy.kessner
posted Hide Post
I would be happy to send it to them, but I cannot get a reply from anybody in support!
I have a Ruger already, love it.

Life Member TSTRA
Life Member NRA

Posts: 6 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: May 02, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use these guys. It will save you money.

https://www.shipmygun.com/go/

You can look up the address for Sig repair.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andy.kessner
posted Hide Post
Got to have a repair ticket on the gun. I know this from experience before. I'll be calling them again Monday. I sat on hold for forty minutes on two occasions and got frustrated. I guess life could be worse though. Thanks for your guidance.

Life Member TSTRA
Life Member NRA

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
It's a well-established fact, reported here countless times, that emails don't work. Call and wait, but first thing Monday mornings is about the worst time to choose.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Even though SIG, along with other businesses deemed "critical" or "essential", is allowed to remain open that doesn't mean that they aren't affected by either the virus itself, or by government restrictions they must operate under.

It could just be as simple as a CSR team operating short handed and backlogged... especially given the spike in gun sales and various supply chain shortages.

You are absolutely correct that you need to first establish contact with SIG and get an RMA. I'm certain it's frustrating to have a broken gun and not getting the help you want...but maybe cut them a little slack and give 'em a chance to help you.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andy.kessner
posted Hide Post
So, what's the magic time?

Life Member TSTRA
Life Member NRA

Picture of andy.kessner
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all that responded. I'll keep trying to establish contact, and maybe our USA will return to some kind of normalcy some day.

Life Member TSTRA
Life Member NRA

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I have had best luck calling immediately after they open, and Wednesday or Thursday. If early morning is not possible, then mid to late afternoon (same days), but not near closing.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Andy..there is a good thread in the ammunition section, the thread name is GSG firefly .22 ammo. It has some good info from the firefly/mosquito guys here.

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andy.kessner
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'll go check it out.

Life Member TSTRA
Life Member NRA

Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
Even though SIG, along with other businesses deemed "critical" or "essential", is allowed to remain open that doesn't mean that they aren't affected by either the virus itself, or by government restrictions they must operate under.

It could just be as simple as a CSR team operating short handed and backlogged... especially given the spike in gun sales and various supply chain shortages.

You are absolutely correct that you need to first establish contact with SIG and get an RMA. I'm certain it's frustrating to have a broken gun and not getting the help you want...but maybe cut them a little slack and give 'em a chance to help you.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

This sums it up right here.

Take sigfreund's advice and be patient. Smile

Welcome to the forum.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post