SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    what parts do I need for backup supply? 239DAK
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what parts do I need for backup supply? 239DAK Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted
I've got a 239 DAK .40 SAS. Saw someone mention in another thread that parts are slowly going away.

Nothing is wrong with the pistol and round count is probably below 1,000. Just wondering what I should put on the shelf as a backup supply for wear items or parts most likely to break or need replacing...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Springs

Posts: 1335 | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
It depends on how much you shoot the gun. Odds are that you will never need any parts.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Find the sig kit of parts and get a couple.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”

Posts: 10966 | Registered: October 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I have .40 and .357 Sig P239s and picked up the spring kits, another set of the hard to find original grips (which were the really nice light wood grain) and most of all... magazines.

I picked up a few OEM sig mags just as Sig announced the ceasing of the P239 line. At the time I was finding OEM mags for $22 to $25 dollars. In the short bit of time since they have significantly climbed in price.
(Take a look on Ebay). I wondered if since the P239 was discontinued Mec-Gar would be getting rid of any P239 mags.

So sent a note to Mec-Gar and got a nice response. "Those magazines are made exclusively for Sig. Our agreement will not permit us to sell them aftermarket".

Turns out that Mec-Gar is the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of a variety of popular factory magazines for brands including Beretta, FN Browning, Charles Daly, Colt, CZ, Kel-Tec, Kimber, Remington, Smith & Wesson, STI, Taurus & Walther.

I suspect magazines will be the main challenge in the future for P239 parts.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post