SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Trigger work?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger work? Login/Join 
Picture of Mastrogiacomo
posted Hide Post
Very happy to hear this Bruce, thank you for posting! Smile

Luctor et Emergo

Posts: 194 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mastrogiacomo:
Very happy to hear this Bruce, thank you for posting! Smile

Thank you! I appreciate this opportunity to explain what we are actually doing. I’m happy to help my fellow Forum members anytime.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mastrogiacomo:
Well, I was in touch with the Sig Armorer who responded quickly, $75 to install the sights, while Bruce Gray's people, who also responded fast said $50 to install the sights. Neither work on the 2022 although Grays Guns will do so in the near feature so it looks like I'll be just sending the 228. At this point, I'm leaning towards sending it to Grays and have a local person install the sights.

Have Grey Guns do all of it, they do great work. If you're only doing the sites on the 2022, send them the 2022 slide with the 228, they should be able to install the sights with just the slide (ask first).

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Bruce.
Can you expand on the short reset ELS?

Is that different than the current ELS? I have two of the EDC/SOT triggers and was going to get the new ELS but if there is something different coming up soon then I'll wait.
Thanks.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s very good to hear that things have improved so much.

quote:
organic focus on quality at every level

May I ask what does this mean, please? Several of the gun folks with whom I communicate often were similarly wondering.

Certainly, things appear to be much better than the perfect storm of disappointment that was my experience.

quote:
We guarantee everything we do for life, and always have. Everyone goes off happy unless they simply don’t want to be.

As it appears I am being referred to, either directly or indirectly, I feel compelled to elaborate.

With the surprisingly high cost of the shipping via UPS, which was much more than FedEx (which was not the recommended method), the fact that the wrong work was performed first, because apparently someone did not read the work order, I was then presented with a bill for this incorrect work that was more than was quoted me for the work requested. This was after waiting a year before sending my M11-A1 for DAK conversion, after I was told, yes, it can be done, send it. So, after all these missteps, I was told that the conversion cannot be done.

Imagine the disappointment after all this time waiting and being told the conversion could be performed, sent the pistol, waited more than a year, wrong work done, told what was promised could be done, in fact cannot be done. In the end, an alternative was offered that was not what was requested, and after a year and a half there, finally got the pistol back. What was sent was a pistol in a pristine case, what came back was a case that looked like it had been sitting on a factory floor for several years. No one even bothered to at least wipe it off, let alone keep it somewhere out of such an environment. After all this, I did call and we did speak about all that had happened, but nothing further came of it after this perfect storm of everything that could go wrong did.

The reason this chafes so much is that after this less than stellar experience and then, later, after a time of reading/looking here, I found out about and took a chance to contact the Sig Armorer. We had a very pleasant talk on the phone and after explaining my previous experience, I was assured the DAK conversion would be no problem. I sent the pistol off by FedEx, at reasonable cost and without undue stress, and shockingly, had my pistol back in one week, converted to DAK, just as promised. One week. What a surprise. After all this time and because DAK works with my right hand which has less than 40% function, I finally had what was originally hoped for.

Sure hope things are better for folks, now.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
Had the gun for 18 months, did the wrong service and then up-charged for it!
How’s that organic focus on customer service?
Sounds like Robert is the man!!

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
ace73, do you realize your avatar is this big?

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Absolutely Positively-
Retired
Picture of ace73
posted Hide Post
I don’t know what the problem is.....
It’s set at 60x60!
I’ll have Sigmonkey host a new one.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Detroit/Downriver | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Ersatzknarf, Would you mind sending me an email with your contact info? (Bruce@grayguns.com) I don’t exactly remember this transaction, at least in the context you described here. I want to make sure you availed yourself of our lifetime guarantee and got your money back, if indeed we charged you for work you did not agree to.

Every now and then, we encounter situations in which we later find out that we can’t perform work we accepted for some reason. I suspect this is one of those situations. I’m guessing you sent us a non-DAK-capable pistol? (If so, we don’t convert them due to durability issues.) It sounds like a mess in any event, probably aggravated by our corporate relocation last November. In any event, please contact me so we can look into your job, make it better than right as required, and tell our own story accurately. Thanks!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Ersatzknarf, Would you mind sending me an email with your contact info? (Bruce (AT) grayguns (DOT) com) I don’t exactly remember this transaction, at least in the context you described here. I want to make sure you availed yourself of our lifetime guarantee and got your money back, if indeed we charged you for work you did not agree to.

Every now and then, we encounter situations in which we later find out that we can’t perform work we accepted for some reason. I suspect this is one of those situations. I’m guessing you sent us a non-DAK-capable pistol? (If so, we don’t convert them due to durability issues.) It sounds like a mess in any event, probably aggravated by our corporate relocation last November. In any event, please contact me so we can look into your job, make it better than right as required, and tell our own story accurately. Thanks!

-Bruce

Mr. Gray,
No, I do not mind. It was a bit ago, so not surprised it is not remembered. If the M11-A1 is not "DAK-capable," then I should not have been advised to send it in the first place. At no point was I advised that was the reason you do not convert them. Yes, it was indeed a mess. No, it was before you moved. I will forward the last email I had sent, after reading a post from Sigfreund regarding how early pistols were converted, when DAK first became available. Lastly, I would be more than glad to get my money back, after this painful first experience dealing with a gunsmith.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Email sent to the address noted.

Recommend you modify or remove your address, so that it is not spammed.

Please advise if you do not receive it in a timely manner. The last invoice number is noted in the subject line.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Just to close this whole issue out, wanted to let folks know that I was contacted by Keith from Gray Guns and have just now spoken with Mr. Gray. He explained about all of the good things going on there and has promised to sort out the issue with my experience. Thank you, Mr. Gray.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Just a quick update:
It was going on three weeks and hadn't heard anything further, so sent a note to Keith. He responded the same day and said he would check in to what was going on. Seems i was forgotten again, but they got right on it that day and a package arrived by FedEx, today. Glad that is finally taken care of.