SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Mainspring housing and sear question, P938
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mainspring housing and sear question, P938 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Yes, Sig repaired everything under warranty. To be honest I think I paid for shipping to them, but I don't remember, they may have given me a shipping voucher via Email after I called them. And yes, I know exactly how you feel. I also own a 229 that I love and wouldn't trade it for anything, so when my 938 started to have the problem I was very disappointed, that whole "how do I trust this handgun" very much came into play. But Sig did correct the issue and to date I have not had any further problems, she has run perfectly since. My 938 was built early 2016 in case you wanted to check your manufacture date. I do not believe the new variants are seeing a problem like this, but I also haven't kept tabs on any recents issues.

If you don't mind, Keep me posted, I would appreciate hearing how things work for your 938.

Best of luck, Vince

Posts: 12 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello again do you know what parts sig replaced ? Thanks. Cliff..

Posts: 3 | Registered: January 21, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, they replaced the mainspring housing, sear spring, sear pin, trigger bar and polished the bottom of the slide where it meets the firing pin retainer plate. also updated the mag release and installed a new guide rod. test fired the gun and sent me back 3 spent cases and a target that was used for testing, with 14 holes in it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Posts: 12 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: March 13, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post