SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Slide Bead Blasting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide Bead Blasting Login/Join 
posted
I have a P229 that needs the slide bead blasted and new Sig contrast F&R sights installed, also a P239 that just needs the slide bead blasted.
Looking for suggestions.

Posts: 263 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I had three Nitron slides bead blasted by SIG, cost (then) was $60 each with ten day turn around. They looked great. If I remember correctly CCR has quoted less cost in the past but turn around may be increased (popular small busy shop). Either way the slides will look factory two tone.

Make certain that you insure them by whatever manner you ship.

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal. I've had five slides done by Sig. Very good work, fast turnaround. Matte finish is attractive and has no glare in direct sunlight.

Posts: 4670 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I too had Sig blast my P229 and install new sites. They did a sweet job. I love the new look.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
I just had a project done by Customized Creationz. Todd refinished my slide back to it's natural stainless appearance. I was very pleased.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 10-7 leo,

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local machine shop has done several glass bead blasts slides and frames for me, usually 20 bucks a piece. These were stainless 1911 guns that I stripped.

Yeah, I used to have a couple of guns.

Posts: 434 | Location: North Central Ohio | Registered: February 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post