SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Slide Bead Blasting

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slide Bead Blasting Login/Join 
posted
I have a P229 that needs the slide bead blasted and new Sig contrast F&R sights installed, also a P239 that just needs the slide bead blasted.
Looking for suggestions.

Posts: 191 | Registered: December 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Think the factory still does it but for outside work I highly recommend CCR. They are long time established members with many happy customers.
http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...350038044#8350038044
http://www.ccrrefinishing.com/

Posts: 16134 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I had three Nitron slides bead blasted by SIG, cost (then) was $60 each with ten day turn around. They looked great. If I remember correctly CCR has quoted less cost in the past but turn around may be increased (popular small busy shop). Either way the slides will look factory two tone.

Make certain that you insure them by whatever manner you ship.

Hey stupid Hollywood "entertainers" and "professional athletes"...get over yourself. You're not that special unless you walked on the moon or received the Medal of Honor. Fat chance of that.

Posts: 8021 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nipper
posted Hide Post
Good deal. I've had five slides done by Sig. Very good work, fast turnaround. Matte finish is attractive and has no glare in direct sunlight.

Posts: 4034 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post