SIGforum
Best upgrades for USPSA 226

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/3720068464

December 29, 2019, 08:45 PM
K_Labs
Best upgrades for USPSA 226
So I've been gone for a long long time. I was into rifles for quite a while there and I finally dusted off the 226 after letting it sit in the safe for about 5 years. My 226 started off as a police trade in DAK I swapped put the internals to DA/SA with SRT kit and E2 grips. After my second match I noticed everyone had red dots so I grabbed a spare slide with a romeo 1 for $350. I also bought a DPM System recoil system that gets here next week.

My question is what should I mod next? I'm looking at a Barsto barrel, upgrading internals to some grey guns parts, or sending it out for some of their work. Slide cuts aren't out of the question because why the heck not. I'm trying to stay in limited or carry optics class only nowhere near good enough to get into open class.
January 02, 2020, 06:01 PM
hrcjon
In USPSA I can't imagine any gun changes you are discussing being a big deal. its not a severe accuracy sport Barsto barrel? but unless yours is junk why? any stock barrel will be good enough. Maybe GG can get the trigger better, but again until that's your problem why? Recoil system? not something I think is a material component.
Better to work on fundamentals.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”
January 03, 2020, 07:29 PM
K_Labs
Spent the $$ on a membership at the local indoor range just need to get some more reloading components now...
January 10, 2020, 12:40 AM
Grayguns
Hi and thank you for the mention here. Please contact Grayguns Inc. Gunsmithing Division CS on our main toll-free line, and ask for me. I’ll be happy to answer your questions and set you up with something to try as a courtesy that I’m certain you will like. Training is necessary; training with a noncompetitive trigger and a dead recoil spring is lame.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729
January 12, 2020, 01:12 PM
K_Labs
I'll be calling on Monday morning Smile