SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Glock 43 trigger pin removal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Glock 43 trigger pin removal Login/Join 
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted
Hey all-

I have a Glock 43 that I want to install the TangoDown extended slide release on. I cannot get the trigger pin to come out!
I've watched the YouTube videos of installation, put a drop of oil on the pin and let it sit, tapped it with a hammer, wiggled the slide release while pressing firmly with a punch...

What else can I try? I've been through a couple of Glock Armorer courses so I'm pretty red in the face over this Frown

Thanks,

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
You did remove the locking block pin first didn't you?

Push from left to right using the punch.

The trigger pin has a small groove in which the slide stop lever rests. It may be necessary to move the slide stop lever up/down and forward/back to center the slide stop lever over the trigger pin. It is important to keep constant pressure on the trigger pin while moving the slide stop lever. Do not use excessive force.
If it is difficult to move the slide stop lever in any direction the trigger pin is bound. Turn the receiver over and push the pin back slightly in the opposite direction. This should unbind the trigger pin and you should be able to start again.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
The 43 is kind of a unicorn: no locking block pin.
The other suggestions I have tried.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have to press down on the forward portion of the slide stop, while pushing out the trigger pin.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para.
I'll try that tonight.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
And he pushed it out from right to left? I can't wait to get home to try this.
Thanks.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It doesn't matter, really.

You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Well, that was easy Big Grin
And the wife loves the new slide release. Glad I bought two Smile
Thanks again.

Bruce

-Niccolo Machiavelli