SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P938 Two-piece Guide Rod - Permanent Fix?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 Two-piece Guide Rod - Permanent Fix? Login/Join 
posted
OK, I am at my wits end with my P938. I have ~ 1700 rounds through it now and the guide rod keeps loosening despite thorough cleaning and application of Loctite Red. I went to the range today and got 35 rounds off before the guide rod was protuding.

Any other solutions?

Posts: 1541 | Location: Escaped Upstate NY for Texas | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'll show my ignorance and ask, why is the guide rod a two-piece thing? Could it be a single piece?

I ask, not to be a smart-aleck, but because I don't understand.

-----

Edit: having taken a look at it, I see it's likely an economics thing. That could be machined from a solid, but would be more economical as a two-piece.

Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."

Posts: 7608 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a 2 piece due to the economics and manufacturability of making that design as a single piece. I have given some limited thought to a redesign, but have not put it into motion, yet.

Posts: 1541 | Location: Escaped Upstate NY for Texas | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the "rod" could be serrated and press-fit into the "block," rather than them being threaded together.

Support our troops, and our veterans.
Go Hokies!
New favorite quote from the golf course: "It's not the club, son."

Posts: 7608 | Location: Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post