SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    nickel plated shell help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nickel plated shell help Login/Join 
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted
guys,
dont know if this is right part of sf to post,but will try.

I found a colt commerative set of nickel pistols.
they have the 7 shot pistol compartment for 7 nickel plated shells.

someone took 2 of the shells.

Would ccr or some other plating company,or someone company you guys know,be able to nickle plate 2 45 acp shells so i could make the 7 shot set complete again.

thanks for any advice .

the shells are shiny and are from the pacific colt 1911 commerative gun.
thanks for advice

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, CCR does not do true nickel plating. Others may, however, I can't believe anyone will touch live ammunition. You will probably need to make two dummy rounds for plating, unless the remaining rounds you have are not what I am imagining.

Are we talking vampire-stopping ALL nickel plate, or just the cases?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Have a couple of .45 FMJ bullets nickel plated, and have one of your sigforum imaginary friends™ who reloads put them in nickel plated empties. Do the remaining cartridges have anything special for a headstamp?

Posts: 26904 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I found some photos online with Google. They may not even be actual cartridges, but all nickel plated. It may be smarter to have all 7 rounds remade so they match.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post