New
Find
Notify
Tools

Grayguns Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leam:
To me the real issue is credibility. If the armorer felt there was an issue, having a conversation with Bruce would help resolve things. Even better if the armorer and Bruce could talk.

No matter what I think, the issue is in the mind of the person carrying. Have they gotten things figured out.

That's a pretty astute thought; however, communication was an issue- as I mentioned in my original post.

NRA RSO/Instructor - Multi
NRA-CMP Pistol Coach L2
SAFTD RO/Instructor - DH-DC-DS
NRA Life
SAF Member - IDPA Member

Posts: 33 | Registered: April 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derek141:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
quote:
He mentioned something about the sear drag while being released from the hammer.

This doesn't make sense. Did he take it apart and inspect it? What did he find? Did he shoot it?

He said that the sear dragged while being released from the hammer because the overtravel stop was set too short. I am not a gunsmith, but when one who is responsible for the lifesaving equipment of high risk folks makes a recommendation, I pay attention.

How long ago did this discussion/inspection with your FBI gunsmith friend occur?

Relevance?

Most relevant, else I would d not have inquired.

The relating of your "communication" is not really very clear.

Perhaps the issue with failed communication is with you given the vague and ambiguous relating of same.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" I could explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Posts: 35188 | Location: My Happy Little Tire Swing | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
quote:
Most of the police armorers I know have zero experience

The Armorers Course does not make you a gunsmith. They never claimed it would. They can inspect and replace parts. that's it.

Couple that with the fact that the Feeb hasn't seen a P Series pistol in more than a dozen years. Yeah. Just can't get real worked up over it myself.

"Make it a shooting, and not a gunfight" LSP552 02/19/2011

"There are only two reasons why a proven technique doesn't work under stress: the shooter isn't adequately trained in it's application, or he/she doesn't really believe it will work because he/she is programmed for failure to begin with." BG

Posts: 29864 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mrtuna
posted Hide Post
I have the P-PAK that I installed myself. I think it's a better way to modify the action then honing the stock parts including the sear. I probably have 5K with no problems through it.

Training as often as possible!
NSSF Media Member

Posts: 1573 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: May 31, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrtuna:
I have the P-PAK that I installed myself. I think it's a better way to modify the action then honing the stock parts including the sear. I probably have 5K with no problems through it.

Ah, choices Smile, At $325 or so, the P-PAK is a pricey but doubtless good quality way to go, I don't care for MIM parts (but don't want to start that argument here).

That money could more that pay for a quality action job at TheSigArmorer (no affiliation and have not had work done there, though I've seen Burke's work).

I have the fittings, fixtures, and machine shop to do my own "hobby gunsmithing". I use stock parts (some of them MIM) and make some of the parts as well. That's also a good way to go, but it takes a big investment in tooling to do it right. Here's one example, a hammer pivot "cam" on a P229 DA/SA that both helps smooth things (well, a tiny bit) and eliminates DA pretravel.

Posts: 1146 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post