SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    GrayGuns P-STR-8 Trigger Installation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GrayGuns P-STR-8 Trigger Installation Login/Join 
posted
OK so I have the GrayGuns P-STR-8 trigger installed and I'm going to adjust the two set screws. I know how to set the one that controls the hammer release, that's no problem. I need to know what I'm setting the release travel to or is this the reset over travel adjustment.

If anyone can explain the correct way to set that trigger up I'd really appreaicate it

Sigs, Glocks and a couple others

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
You aren't using the same terminology as the Grayguns website, so I (we) don't understand your problem. Just play with the screws until you are pleased with the result. You (almost) can't screw it up. If you reduce the overtravel too much the gun will not fire, so just back the screw off until it does and then go a smidge more. Adjust the pretravel to your liking.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:
You aren't using the same terminology as the Grayguns website, so I (we) don't understand your problem. Just play with the screws until you are pleased with the result. You (almost) can't screw it up. If you reduce the overtravel too much the gun will not fire, so just back the screw off until it does and then go a smidge more. Adjust the pretravel to your liking.

Hate to be a d??k but I assume your terminology reads as thus. Overtravel is the forward set screw that controlls the hammer release. Just like on his first generation of his triggers. I got that one covered. The rear set screw must be the pretravel screw you are mentioning. This is the one I'm unclear about. Explain just what I'm trying to adjust and in what position is the trigger when I'm doing this adjustment?

Posts: 202 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Happy New Year! The PSTR8 pretravel adjustment screw should adjusted as follows:

First unload, and triple check that no ammo is present.

Dry-fire in double-action mode; releasing the trigger fully forward should reengage the trigger bar to the hammer, permitting repetitive DA dry firing without having to touch the hammer.

If so: the trigger should have a small anount of free-travel before it hits the wall and starts to rotate the hammer.

If it either doesn't reengage the hammer at all between dry-firings, OR it has an objectionable amount of free travel before it does, the pretravel screw should be adjusted:

Field strip, then decock hammer

Remove takedown lever and locking insert

Instet short end of 5/64" hrx key into back of trigger, and adjust the screw to yield your desired result.

Turning it clockwise reduces free travel; counter-clockwise increases it.

I hope this helps!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Happy New Year! The PSTR8 pretravel adjustment screw should adjusted as follows:

First unload, and triple check that no ammo is present.

Dry-fire in double-action mode; releasing the trigger fully forward should reengage the trigger bar to the hammer, permitting repetitive DA dry firing without having to touch the hammer.

If so: the trigger should have a small anount of free-travel before it hits the wall and starts to rotate the hammer.

If it either doesn't reengage the hammer at all between dry-firings, OR it has an objectionable amount of free travel before it does, the pretravel screw should be adjusted:

Field strip, then decock hammer

Remove takedown lever and locking insert

Instet short end of 5/64" hrx key into back of trigger, and adjust the screw to yield your desired result.

Turning it clockwise reduces free travel; counter-clockwise increases it.

I hope this helps!

-Bruce

Boy did this help, after doing the recommended adjustments and adding a SRT sear this trigger is fantanstic.

Bruce you have one great improvement there to a great firearm. Going to save my pennys and get this trigger for all my carry guns.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jimbo883,

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Tagged

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clear instructions on how to adjust one of your triggers. I have 2 flat triggers installed with no issues; but a P220 was not cleaning resetting. Needed about another 1/2 turn of free play to function correctly.

Posts: 17 | Location: Golf Cart City, GA | Registered: March 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post