SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    226 Slide issues
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

226 Slide issues Login/Join 
posted
Put the 22 conversion slide on my 226, after about 75 rounds, went to remove it, locked slide back, dropped the slide release over, and it only goes to the "normal" position and won't slide off, feels like there is something sticking up, and blocking forward movement. what can I do to remove it?

Posts: 379 | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you remember to remove the magazine?

Posts: 39 | Location: US | Registered: October 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Did you rotate the takedown lever?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
And did you remember the new protocol to decock as the slide reaches the "in battery" position on it's way forward? This is most important with guns that have the Short Reset Trigger. The safety lever can interfere with moving the slide further forward to remove. Forcing things without decocking is bad form.

I use the decock procedure for take down on all classic P's, SRT or not, might as well get in the habit. Also lower hammer before putting slide back on - let the slide cock the hammer.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes,
Yes
and yes.
Finally, after I
Tired the decocking trick, and it worked, thanks!

Posts: 379 | Registered: June 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post