SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Complete disassembly of pistols
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete disassembly of pistols Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
Having recently learned to completely disassemble my 1911's to the bare slide and frame, I am amazed at how simple it is.

Is the 1911 the simplest to completely tear down and clean, reassemble?

Posts: 13676 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Having recently learned to completely disassemble my 1911's to the bare slide and frame, I am amazed at how simple it is.

Classic SIGS are pretty easy. I usually don’t disassemble the internal axle in the hammer or the small pin pressed into the frame.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:

I'd say the Glock the easiest to break down to bare frame or slide, followed by the 1911 and then maybe the P22X series Sigs.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rockchalk06:
I'd say the Glock the easiest to break down to bare frame or slide

By a looonnng way.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3774 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Glock is the easiest, 1911, Browning Hi Power, Sig are all pretty straight forward. They are all easy after you have stripped them down several times.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post