SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    X-Ray sight installation help and info needed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Ray sight installation help and info needed. Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
I have a P226 in 40S&W that the Trijicon night sights need changing out.

I have the Sigarms sight pusher.

Will the Sigarms sight pusher work to install the X-Ray sights?

What numbers do I need for the front and rear X-Ray sights for the 40S&W?

Only numbers legible on the Trijicon set seem to be 04 and I am sure it is the DOM for the P226R SSS DOM is 2005.

Should I have the Trijicon set re-tubed by Trijicon and what do they charge?

Thanks
Roy

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

When my Trijicon lamps went out, I sent the slide to them for replacement.

Trijicon charged $18 per lamp (1 front sight and 2 rear sight) for a total of $54. I paid shipping just the slide to them, there was no return shipping charge. Prices may have changed, I did this in 2010

I asked how they remove, install, and center the sights. Trijicon uses an Arbor press to ensure they are lined up center of the slide and also to each other.

They have an online process to request a Return Authorization Number (/www.Trijicon.com/na_en/support/return_authorization.php) and I think it confirmed price too.

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The sights on my 40 S&W P226 are 6 at the front and 8 at the rear. I believe that’s the usual configuration.

The X-Ray sights can be installed with the standard SIG pusher—with one caveat: The slot designed for the front sight is slightly too narrow for the front X-Ray sight to fit into. I therefore used the side of the front sight pusher and that worked fine.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Thanks

I guess I will try to order them from SIG.

Have that $50 dollar gift card from the MCX Bolt recall to use anyway.

Again thanks

Been very busy at work sorry I did not check in earlier.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
The sights on my 40 S&W P226 are 6 at the front and 8 at the rear. I believe that’s the usual configuration.

The X-Ray sights can be installed with the standard SIG pusher—with one caveat: The slot designed for the front sight is slightly too narrow for the front X-Ray sight to fit into. I

therefore used the side of the front sight pusher and that worked fine.

Sigfreund, thanks for this great tip! It works well.

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:

The X-Ray sights can be installed with the standard SIG pusher—with one caveat: The slot designed for the front sight is slightly too narrow for the front X-Ray sight to fit into. I therefore used the side of the front sight pusher and that worked fine.

Thanks Sigfreund

I finally ordered them from SIG
Free shipping time and used my MCX Voucher