SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Recommendation for custom P230 work?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for custom P230 work? Login/Join 
posted
I want XS BigDot sights installed on a P230, if possible. I would also like the slide Cerakoted at the same time. Any recommendations? TIA

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Installing any after market front sight will require machining the slide. I don't know if Brad does that, but try Cummings Custom Refinishing (CCR). Many here, including me, have had refinishing done by him and the work is top notch.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do. Thnx!

Posts: 646 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Tool Tech Gun Sight Company does the machining and Trijicon night sight installation.
They are considered the Custom Shop for Trijicon.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/sig-sauer-p230/

And then electroless nickle at CCR.

Likely a two shop process.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 1531 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Tool Tech Gun Sight Company does the machining and Trijicon night sight installation.
They are considered the Custom Shop for Trijicon.

I wholeheartedly endorse Tooltech for custom sight work. Trijcon referred me to them last year, and they turned out some excellent work. Furthermore, when there was a minor hiccup (caused by a shipping problem), they stepped up to the plate and resolved it in a very satisfactory manner.

Posts: 41 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: August 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for ToolTech, a long time ago now, they drilled a tiny hole in the front sight on my S&W 638 and installed a tritium tube, outstanding work. Fast forward to a couple of years ago the tube was getting weak, so I sent it back to Trijicon to be relamped. $20 later I had it back in hand, they told me the little lamps were much brighter now, it is perfect.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have yet to receive a response from the first recommendation. Time to move on to other suggested vendors.

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shooter1201:
I have yet to receive a response from the first recommendation. Time to move on to other suggested vendors.

Patience. CCR is a small family operation and busy. Have you called, or just sent an email?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent an email almost a month ago.

Cummings Custom Refinishing
posted Hide Post
I just searched our email and I don't have anything from the op.

We do not do any machining on Sig p230 slides

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

Posts: 5208 | Location: Eastern Tn | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
My firm can easily do this.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

What would you say your turnaround time on a job like this would be Bruce?

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

What would you say your turnaround time on a job like this would be Bruce?

Hi! I just read the recommendations for Tool Tech. I’ve heard good things and certainly do not seek to shark your work from another outfit that does an excellent job! I just hadn’t see these recommendations prior to posting.

That said, <4 weeks looks realistic right now, as sights and a trip to one of our certified coating shops is required.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check that you hve the correct CCR.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post