SIGforum
Recommendation for custom P230 work?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/3310008464

December 28, 2019, 09:12 AM
shooter1201
Recommendation for custom P230 work?
I want XS BigDot sights installed on a P230, if possible. I would also like the slide Cerakoted at the same time. Any recommendations? TIA

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.
December 28, 2019, 12:58 PM
GaryBF
Installing any after market front sight will require machining the slide. I don't know if Brad does that, but try Cummings Custom Refinishing (CCR). Many here, including me, have had refinishing done by him and the work is top notch.
December 29, 2019, 12:51 PM
shooter1201
Will do. Thnx!

January 12, 2020, 01:34 PM
cee_Kamp
Tool Tech Gun Sight Company does the machining and Trijicon night sight installation.
They are considered the Custom Shop for Trijicon.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/sig-sauer-p230/

And then electroless nickle at CCR.

Likely a two shop process.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer
January 13, 2020, 03:30 PM
Editor
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Tool Tech Gun Sight Company does the machining and Trijicon night sight installation.
They are considered the Custom Shop for Trijicon.

I wholeheartedly endorse Tooltech for custom sight work. Trijcon referred me to them last year, and they turned out some excellent work. Furthermore, when there was a minor hiccup (caused by a shipping problem), they stepped up to the plate and resolved it in a very satisfactory manner.
January 16, 2020, 07:17 PM
Warhorse
Another recommendation for ToolTech, a long time ago now, they drilled a tiny hole in the front sight on my S&W 638 and installed a tritium tube, outstanding work. Fast forward to a couple of years ago the tube was getting weak, so I sent it back to Trijicon to be relamped. $20 later I had it back in hand, they told me the little lamps were much brighter now, it is perfect.

January 22, 2020, 05:22 AM
shooter1201
I have yet to receive a response from the first recommendation. Time to move on to other suggested vendors.

January 22, 2020, 09:47 AM
GaryBF
quote:
Originally posted by shooter1201:
I have yet to receive a response from the first recommendation. Time to move on to other suggested vendors.

Patience. CCR is a small family operation and busy. Have you called, or just sent an email?
January 26, 2020, 06:27 PM
shooter1201
I sent an email almost a month ago.

February 03, 2020, 06:22 PM
CCR
I just searched our email and I don't have anything from the op.

We do not do any machining on Sig p230 slides

Cummings Custom Refinishing offers Quality Craftsmanship at affordable prices. Fully Lic FFL's for over 30 years
OFTEN IMITATED BUT NEVER DUPLICATED
423-639-8924
www.ccrrefinishing.com

February 06, 2020, 02:41 AM
Grayguns
My firm can easily do this.

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729
February 06, 2020, 12:56 PM
Warhorse
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

What would you say your turnaround time on a job like this would be Bruce?

February 29, 2020, 01:05 AM
Grayguns
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:

What would you say your turnaround time on a job like this would be Bruce?

Hi! I just read the recommendations for Tool Tech. I’ve heard good things and certainly do not seek to shark your work from another outfit that does an excellent job! I just hadn’t see these recommendations prior to posting.

That said, <4 weeks looks realistic right now, as sights and a trip to one of our certified coating shops is required.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729
March 20, 2020, 12:34 PM
dgb2324
Check that you hve the correct CCR.