SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Recommendation for custom P230 work?

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendation for custom P230 work? Login/Join 
posted
I want XS BigDot sights installed on a P230, if possible. I would also like the slide Cerakoted at the same time. Any recommendations? TIA

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 603 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Installing any after market front sight will require machining the slide. I don't know if Brad does that, but try Cummings Custom Refinishing (CCR). Many here, including me, have had refinishing done by him and the work is top notch.

Posts: 11651 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will do. Thnx!

I was paid $7.54/HR to go into harm's way so you didn't have to.

Posts: 603 | Location: Heart of Dixie! | Registered: April 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy that Classic SIG in All Stainless,
No rail wear will be painless.
Picture of cee_Kamp
posted Hide Post
Tool Tech Gun Sight Company does the machining and Trijicon night sight installation.
They are considered the Custom Shop for Trijicon.

http://tooltechgunsight.com/product/sig-sauer-p230/

And then electroless nickle at CCR.

Likely a two shop process.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Instructor
USPSA Chief Range Officer

Posts: 825 | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cee_Kamp:
Tool Tech Gun Sight Company does the machining and Trijicon night sight installation.
They are considered the Custom Shop for Trijicon.

I wholeheartedly endorse Tooltech for custom sight work. Trijcon referred me to them last year, and they turned out some excellent work. Furthermore, when there was a minor hiccup (caused by a shipping problem), they stepped up to the plate and resolved it in a very satisfactory manner.

Posts: 38 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: August 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for ToolTech, a long time ago now, they drilled a tiny hole in the front sight on my S&W 638 and installed a tritium tube, outstanding work. Fast forward to a couple of years ago the tube was getting weak, so I sent it back to Trijicon to be relamped. $20 later I had it back in hand, they told me the little lamps were much brighter now, it is perfect.

Posts: 12280 | Location: Snowbirding in the RV | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post