SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Which Sig 9mm for a little lady?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which Sig 9mm for a little lady? Login/Join 
posted
No kidding. Little lady wears a size 0 dress.
Which DA/SA Sig would provide the shortest trigger reach? I am excluding Sig 225A. I know Short Reach Trigger and E2 grip would help.
Would Enhanced Frame help? Which would be preferable? 229 or 226?
Thanks for your help!

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
Questions such as this are much too subjective.
Her dress size is irrelevant to which gun fits her hands. Same with trigger reach, reset, etc. what good is a great feeling trigger if the gun feels too top heavy for her, or she does not care for the sight radius, etc... Best thing to do is let her handle as many guns as possible in person and go from there.
My wife has smaller hands, yet she enjoys shooting the heavy larger frame revolvers,and 1911s we have as opposed to Glocks or Sigs.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JSB3, thanks for taking your time to respond.

Will repeat my question:

Which DA/SA Sig would provide the shortest trigger reach?(Excluding Sig 225A) Short Reach Trigger; E2 grip. Would Enhanced Frame help? Which would be preferable? 229 or 226?

Posts: 93 | Location: Down South | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
Have you considered the relatively new Sig P365? I don't own one, nor have I shot one, but it seems to be getting good reviews.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Want to have DA/SA.

posted Hide Post
I may be wrong here, as I usually am, but I would think that the reach on the P229 and P226 would be similar since they take the same mags, I would assume the grips are very similar in size. I think the E2 and Short reach trigger would help on both, maybe even look at a P224. I have both and love the P229 bestest

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which DA/SA Sig would provide the shortest trigger reach?

Probably a P230 or P232 in 380, if you can find one. Maybe SIG is not the best choice for your situation. Or consider something besides DA/SA, like the M&P 380 Shield EZ.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
The shortest trigger reach SIG I have owned was the P290. I know it's a DAO, but I haven't found any DA/SA SIGs with a trigger reach as short.

The next shortest I found would be the P365, after that would be a P239 with a short reach trigger.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for the responses.

Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Bring her to a gun store and let her pick up some guns.
Let her get a feel for the weight and size.
If there is a range nearby that rents gun try a few.
If you have a friend that own different guns ask them to let your wife try some and buy some range time and ammo for them.
In the end it is your wife's choice.
If you buy her a gun she does not like it becomes yours. That may or may not be a bad thing but then she still does not have a gun.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
I agree with 71 TRUCK. She needs to get "hands on" herself and some range time with a few guns. Ultimately since it will be her gun she needs to make the choice herself, not just based on the recommendatios of SF members (whose opinons I value).

John

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
Bring her to a gun store and let her pick up some guns.
Let her get a feel for the weight and size.
If there is a range nearby that rents gun try a few.
If you have a friend that own different guns ask them to let your wife try some and buy some range time and ammo for them.
In the end it is your wife's choice.
If you buy her a gun she does not like it becomes yours. That may or may not be a bad thing but then she still does not have a gun.

+1000
It needs to fit her. Handling guns is great and gives some idea, but actually shooting them and seeing what seems to best fit her is your best bet.

Beyond that, I’ll go slightly counterintuitive and suggest that a larger gun may work out better. Easier to deal with controls, easier to rack slide, longer sight radius, less apparent recoil due to greater mass, etc.

Is the limitation to DA/SA Sigs in 9mm hers or yours? I like and shoot DA/SA Sigs, but that isn’t what everyone in the family shoots.

I’d encourage her to try a wide variety of things and let her choose what works best for her. This is what Flork did for Mrs. slosig and how she landed on the M&P9 to start. She has since branched out and now shoots an M&P Shield more often, but it is more challenging and would not have been near as easy to start with.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post