SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Can I put an MK25 upper on a factory P226 .40 Lower?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can I put an MK25 upper on a factory P226 .40 Lower? Login/Join 
Picture of adam14
posted
Dumb question as I should know this. Can I put my MK25 (9mm) upper on my factory P226 .40 S&W lower. Locking blocks look the same & the ejectors look darn close. Reason needed is b/c the 1913 rails on the MK25 lower won't work with all of my holster options.
Thank you very much!

Posts: 1530 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: January 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
avoiding birthday parties
Picture of fjgiie
posted Hide Post
It's the same Locking insert. The 9mm P226 carries a little longer Ejector.

Some swaps will work and some swaps will not let the slide go on. Give yours a try using the same ejector and if it fits it will probably shoot. If it needs an ejector you can put that on. We can find one of those.

Posts: 1366 | Registered: March 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adam14
posted Hide Post
Will do & Thank You very much... 9mm upper actually fits 40 lower perfectly & to my aging eyes the ejector are about the same... I'll shoot'er this week!

Posts: 1530 | Location: Cincinnati, Ohio | Registered: January 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by adam14:
Will do & Thank You very much... 9mm upper actually fits 40 lower perfectly & to my aging eyes the ejector are about the same... I'll shoot'er this week!

If it does is officially a Frankensig. I don’t think using 9mm aftermarket barrels in a 40 should count but swapping slides certainly does.

Posts: 1258 | Location: Duvall WA, USA | Registered: February 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post