SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    239 Recoil Spring
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

239 Recoil Spring Login/Join 
Picture of buggsboy
posted
Friends,
I am presently installing a new recoil spring on my 239. I did not notice which end of the recoil spring was facing toward the muzzle when I removed the old one. Here's the rub: in looking at the new spring, I noticed that one end of the spring is noticeably flatter than the other. Now the question, which end faces muzzle end? More flat or less flat, or does it even matter? This spring is a "flat" wire coiled up rather than the older style round wire coiled up. Owner's manual is no help. It says slide the narrower end on first. Both ends look to be the same width to me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
There is no "right" end on the flat-coil springs. I checked my stash and both springs were equally flat on both ends. Yours may be an odd ball. In your situation, I would place the flat end inside the slide muzzle just to keep it from digging in.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buggsboy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help.

Posts: 673 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post