SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Interesting P226 DAK Problem
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting P226 DAK Problem Login/Join 
Picture of Photoman
posted
The gun is a P226R 9mm with the DAK trigger. After firing the gun, the trigger will return just to before the first reset and then get stuck. With a light push from behind the trigger, it will fully reset. It only does this when there is a mag in the gun. It's also easy to reproduce the problem with an empty mag in the gun, especially when racking the slide while holding down the slide lock lever. As soon as the down pressure on the slide lock lever is released, the trigger fully resets on its own.

The gun has been completely stripped, cleaned and greased. All the springs are in good shape. It does this with both factory mags and MecGar AFC mags.

Any clue as to what is going on?

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Sig armorer, but I own two DAKs. I would check the trigger bar spring under the right grip panel. Make sure it's installed correctly and not binding on anything. Also look closely at how the trigger bar moves in relation to the sear, hammer, and safety lever. Make sure nothing is binding there either.

Good luck.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
Thanks 229R. Everything on the right side of the gun is good to go as far as I can see. It's really weird that holding down the slide lock lever prevents the trigger from resetting. My P226R DAK in 40 is mot like that. As soon as the down pressure on the slide lock lever is released, the trigger resets. The gun also consistently refuses to reset when live firing.

+++

Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Stock grips? I had trigger reset issues putting on non-DAK grips on my P226 DAK.

The DAK components need more room and regular grip panels don't have it. So the gun can fire when you pull the trigger, but it doesn't return properly to reset, as it binds on the inside of the grip panel.

The test would be to remove the grip panel and see if it miraculously starts resetting properly.

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
Stock grips? I had trigger reset issues putting on non-DAK grips on my P226 DAK.

The DAK components need more room and regular grip panels don't have it. So the gun can fire when you pull the trigger, but it doesn't return properly to reset, as it binds on the inside of the grip panel.

The test would be to remove the grip panel and see if it miraculously starts resetting properly.

That's it!!!

The right grip panel is a factory P226 panel but it's from a DA/SA gun. I checked my other DAK gun right grip panel and it is modified. Looks like the factory ground some clearance on the DAK right grip panels. At some point, this problem gun ended up with a set of DA/SA grips. Gun works perfect with the clearanced grip panel.

Thanks!

+++

posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, I had the exact same problem with mine. It turned out to be a bent trigger bar spring. I couldn't even see where it was bent but someone here suggested replacing it. I replaced it and no problem. Mine has DA/SA grips on it as well.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:

That's it!!!

The right grip panel is a factory P226 panel but it's from a DA/SA gun. I checked my other DAK gun right grip panel and it is modified. Looks like the factory ground some clearance on the DAK right grip panels. At some point, this problem gun ended up with a set of DA/SA grips. Gun works perfect with the clearanced grip panel.

Thanks!

Glad to help. Love my DAKs - hope you do, too!

Posts: 15021 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post