SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P220 DA/SA and DAK switch
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P220 DA/SA and DAK switch Login/Join 
posted
As I'm getting older I am significantly reducing my handgun inventory. I have two P220s. The first is a P220R DAK box date, Aug 2015. The second is a DA/SA P220 Carry SAS with SRT, box date Apr 18. The openings in the frame under the right grip are exactly the same. The SAS originally had E grips but I put standard grips on it. My question is - could I just switch out the parts between the two guns to end up with the SAS Carry as DAK. If so, then I would sell the P220R. I have changed triggers before with ease but have not disassembled further than that. After watching online videos of DAK installations I feel I will be able to do the switch. Just wondering if those with more expertise see any potential problems with this switch. Thanks.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Does your P220R, which is DAK from the factory, have the necessary frame hole for the decocking lever pivot?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that the kind of info I'm looking for. Had to go check. The frames are identical.

P239
M11-A1
340 M&P

Posts: 552 | Location: Okla | Registered: August 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I think you are good to go. Read sigfreund's replies here and swap every loose part. It is really not a very difficult job.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
A little lesson from my first DAK to DA/SA conversion - You might want to have a spare hammer reset spring handy. Those little buggers can get bent if you're not careful. Wink

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post