SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig P320 Trigger Reaction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig P320 Trigger Reaction Login/Join 
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted
I purchased a new P320C-357-BSS. This is my first P320 Sig pistol. I do have many other classic Sig pistols.I field stripped, cleaned and lubed the new P320 according to manual instructions. Put it back together and did function checks. When I do a trigger check there seems to be a rather dull clunk sound or feel vs a sharp click sound or reaction. Is this a normal thing for a Striker fired Sig? I have not tried any live fire yet. I hope I am worrying about nothing What say ye P320 owners and brain trust?

Posts: 773 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NOT compromised!
Picture of SIGWALLY
posted Hide Post
This is normal for my 320's. Shoot and enjoy! Smile

Posts: 1527 | Location: Tampa Bay, Florida | Registered: July 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does it feel like the trigger is dead, as though it's not doing anything?

If so, reset the trigger mechanism. If you raise the slide stop lever, you should hear a "click."

You can verify function by ensuring the chamber is empty, pistol is "cocked," and by placing a pencil in the barrel. Some say eraser in the chamber, I find it works best with a new pencil, the other way around. Point the muzzle up and press the trigger. The pencil jumping into the air verifies proper function as the firing pin on the striker hits the pencil.

If you do this and the pencil doesn't jump, the FCU has not been rest. Lock the slide back or hold it back and raise the slide stop lever (slide release) a couple of times, listen for the click. Repeat.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answers, SIGWALLY and sns3guppy!
I am very confident that there is nothing wrong with my pistol now. I did as suggested by guppy, and the pencil jumped out of the barrel and almost hit the ceiling! Not being familiar with the P320 platform I did have some concerns. I am looking forward to some range time with my new Sig. Thanks again for the help. The wealth of knowledge on this fine forum always amaze me.

Posts: 773 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good deal. Sounds like your pistol is functioning just fine.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post