SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 226 DAK to a DA/SA

Moderators: Chris Orndorff
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 226 DAK to a DA/SA Login/Join 
posted
Gentlemen, Just did the paperwork on a mint used 226 and it’s a DAK. I got a smokin deal on it. How easy/expensive is it to switch it to the DA/SA? Thank you in advance, Jason

Posts: 34 | Location: Seattle  | Registered: September 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4329 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, check out the links provided by Rotty37.

IIRC, it is doable as long as the P226 isn't ancient. I forget the cutoff year precisely, but it was around 1985ish when the frame was changed to accommodate DAK and DA/SA. A DAK before the cutoff can't be converted due to the frame. Go with the visual in one of the aforementioned posts.

When I tallied up the cost around 10 years ago, based on TGS parts, it was about $225-235. I don't believe there has ever been any kits available. You've gotta buy the parts individually.

Welcome to the forum.

Posts: 4370 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nipper:
it was around 1985ish when the frame was changed to accommodate DAK and DA/SA.

Not quite that early. The DAK system was introduced in 2004.

“The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.”
— Bertrand Russell

Posts: 42228 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Yep, my fingers were faster than my brain. What's 20 years one way or another? Red Face

Bought a P239 DA/SA in 2005. A few years later I was considering converting to DAK and recall seeing the 2004 date on the forum.

Posts: 4370 | Location: Northeast | Registered: June 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

Yep, my fingers were faster than my brain. What's 20 years one way or another? Red Face

Bought a P239 DA/SA in 2006. A few years later I was considering converting to DAK and recall seeing a 2005 date on the forum. Found it in my notes when I was working out the pricing. In my notes, I had a price of $211 to buy the parts from TGS and $255 to send it to Sig. Never did convert though.