SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Picture of kahibbi
posted Hide Post
I've watched the DVD and it was greatly informative. It makes working on these seems straight forward ... even simple.

I purchased some nickel replacements parts for my 229 and 239 and am itching to dig in, but thought I'd seek the advice of others and ask "will I be fine if I do this myself following the guidance of the video"?

Thanks for the advice, Gents!

Posts: 47 | Location: North Texas | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staple Gun Extraordinaire!
Picture of sig-x
posted Hide Post
Wow I just wish I bought the DVD earlier. Thanks Chris excellent video!!!!!

Posts: 9949 | Location: SE MI | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
On behalf of Chris and I, thanks for buying the DVD! We're glad you found it useful.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris' DVD is great.

I just did a detail strip of my P229 and installed the SRT sear and safety lever. I could not have done it without the DVD.

Posts: 6 | Registered: November 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hero
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm finally going to order up a set of these videos in my next Brownells order. I want to be able to perform all my own maintenance on my SIGs.

Posts: 107 | Location: Northern Kentucky | Registered: December 29, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pathfinder1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
We removed/installed sights in the second, SIG Pro, DVD. The SIG owner's manual discusses sight options for raising/lowering poi and windage is adjusted by drifting the rear sight in the direction you want to move your bullet poi. That's best done with a sight tool, but can be easily accomplished the old-fashioned way (hammer and punch).
Chris- What's the best size punch and is there a need for any special hammer?

Posts: 171 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay in responding. I start with the largest nylon punch (Brownells sells a nice one with a steel shank) that will fit in the dovetail. If the nylon punch doesn't work I'll use a brass punch and tape up the strike point on the sight. The punch will cut through the tape so the tape needs to be changed frequently, generally every other punch strike. Focus the impact as low as you can get on the sight base.

For some front sights that won't withstand punch strikes on the vertical portion of the sight, I'll use a brass punch on the sight base. This often requires grinding/sanding a brass punch to fit.

No special hammer needed, just something that you're comfortable with and can easily control.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
I bought your video and just watched it about the 229, I must say wonderful and very informative! Thanks Chris.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 954 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great product! Thanks.

I was putting a refinished 220 back together. I must say, I kind of started freaking when you covered the ejector. I couldn't find mine anywhere and thought I'd lost a part. Same is true for the hammer reset spring.

Then I figured out that my 220 (1992) has neither. Don't know if it's supposed to, but it seems like it's not.

Thanks again. Great help!

Posts: 122 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your 220 most certainly has an ejector; it's part of the slide catch lever as explained when I detailed the P225 in the DVD Wink.

We're glad you found it useful, thanks!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8756 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What I meant was one like the 226. I hadn't yet viewed the 225 section.

Thanks for a great product.

Posts: 122 | Location: Durham, NC | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great DVD. Thanks guys. I am no armorer but understanding the Sig pistols greatly enhances the pleasure and enjoyment I derive from them. It would be difficult to put a price on that.

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it". (Captain Woodrow F. Call)

Posts: 200 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any chance we will see an updated video on disassembly/reassembly of an internal extractor from a fixed firing pin block pistol like an XFive?

Sig XFive AA

Posts: 61 | Registered: August 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DmZ
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the DVD yesterday. I'm a little dissappointed it doesn't cover SAO. Any chance someone could help me out and give me info on safety disassembly for a P220 SAO?

SIG P220 compact Elite SAO
Kimber TLE II 1911
Ruger 22-45

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DmZ:
I just ordered the DVD yesterday. I'm a little dissappointed it doesn't cover SAO. Any chance someone could help me out and give me info on safety disassembly for a P220 SAO?

Product description is pretty clear; no mention of the SAO (which came out after the DVD was made). I'm sure you can return for a refund or sell it here in the Classifieds. Sorry.

Picture of DmZ
posted Hide Post
Sorry, i didn't mean to give the impression the DVD wasn't going to be useful, i think it will be very much indeed. I just would like to find the appropriate information to disassemble the safety. I've tried pulling straight apart and it didn't seem to budge, but didn't want to force it either. I wondered if there was a condition that needed to be met (ie trigger cocked, uncocked, etc) that i was missing.

SIG P220 compact Elite SAO
Kimber TLE II 1911
Ruger 22-45

Posts: 10 | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought this course and it was very informative. I am also an AGI student and have the armorers course on sigs from them. Comparatively speaking Bob Dunlap goes into detail on the function of the pistol and how everything works much more, but your course has a lot of tips and tricks on instillation and disassembly that I found to be super reliable. Thanks for your work. I do have a question though, I have only the first dvd, what exactly does the second dvd entail, just the dis and ass of the poly grip SIGs like Brownells says or is there more in there?

Thanks again for a great product,

JD

JD,
Gunsmith awaiting FFL
American Gunsmithing Institute graduate
NRA Member

Posts: 39 | Registered: June 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Sorry I have another question,

My SIG 220 has the one piece slide with the internal extractor. Is there any tricks you have to removing this part. I have used a small screw driver to push the extractor away from the groove that it lives in and then pull it out that way, but I have had some diffculties in this proceedure. My first go at it I even scratched the inside of the slide. Is there an easier or more effecient way on removing this type of extractor?

Thanks,
JD

JD,
Gunsmith awaiting FFL
NRA Member

posted Hide Post
DVD 2 covers use of the SIG sight tool in addition to addressing the SP series of pistols.

The SP has an internal extractor and it's removal is covered. Your description of removing the 220 extractor is correct. Move it just enough to clear the channel then lift it free.

Thanks for your comments.

posted Hide Post
thank you again for your work.

jd

JD,
Gunsmith awaiting FFL
NRA Member