SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Chris, I watched my copy for the first time yesterday. I have alot of firearms expeirence but learned alot about basic maintenance. Thanks again, Jones

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37062 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Spring kit for my 229. So naturally I had to order the DVD Big Grin I hope it doesn't get backordered.

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received my copy from Brownells. I highly recommend it. I didn't realize the classic Sigs required so LITTLE lube.

Posts: 418 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Whtwolf14
posted Hide Post
I got my spring kit in yesterday for the 229, and the DVD in today. Now the fun starts tonight... Wink

Posts: 4281 | Location: Mountains....lots of Mountains.... | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
98.SiG and Rising
Picture of Sig Fever
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine, thanks guys.

Warning...SiGs are addictive, keep out of the reach of adults!

Blue Lives Matter: Thank a Police Officer for their Service!

Posts: 5795 | Location: Virginia USA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kloppman
posted Hide Post
I need this!!!

Posts: 28 | Registered: September 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mariner
posted Hide Post
The DVD looks great...I'd like to order it with any tools I need for a 220ST and 225...any suggestions from the guys that have taken em apart?

Thanks!

Posts: 88 | Registered: September 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wwp512
posted Hide Post
Got my DVD, watched it, and let me say just learning one trick / tip is worth it's price 10x over!!

That said, here are some suggestions for your next edition. Take it for what its worth.

The camera angle where its "looking over your shoulder" is bothersome, just when you described something and about to show it, your shoulder, or your hand gets in the view. Good thing you verbally described it (very well), or else a viewer won't see what went on. You mentioned "we will show you this from different angles".. but didn't. The camera stayed at the same spot.

The part of lubing, maybe you don't want to advertise what lube you are using, so you purposely not panning the camera (or come just shy of the bottle). Again, some footage fail to show what exactly you are doing.

These auto focus lenses: they are great and they are disasterous at the same time. At times they just want to focus on that hair on the sweat shirt, or they freak out and throw everything soft when you zoom in.

Last, maybe adding just a touch of background music at the title/ menu page? I though my speaker is not on until the movie started.

Again, I find your materials excellent and invaluable (have to add the DAK next time too, ok?) I hope you don't take my constructive criticism personally. My suggestions are merely just making the presentation more professional.

Sincerely

Posts: 304 | Location: NM USA | Registered: September 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229-40
posted Hide Post
I'm ordering mine tomorrow...Thanks for the information everyone!

Got Gun?

Posts: 1605 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: August 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wwp512:
Got my DVD, watched it, and let me say just learning one trick / tip is worth it's price 10x over!!

That said, here are some suggestions for your next edition. Take it for what its worth.

The camera angle where its "looking over your shoulder" is bothersome, just when you described something and about to show it, your shoulder, or your hand gets in the view. Good thing you verbally described it (very well), or else a viewer won't see what went on. You mentioned "we will show you this from different angles".. but didn't. The camera stayed at the same spot.

The part of lubing, maybe you don't want to advertise what lube you are using, so you purposely not panning the camera (or come just shy of the bottle). Again, some footage fail to show what exactly you are doing.

These auto focus lenses: they are great and they are disasterous at the same time. At times they just want to focus on that hair on the sweat shirt, or they freak out and throw everything soft when you zoom in.

Last, maybe adding just a touch of background music at the title/ menu page? I though my speaker is not on until the movie started.

Again, I find your materials excellent and invaluable (have to add the DAK next time too, ok?) I hope you don't take my constructive criticism personally. My suggestions are merely just making the presentation more professional.

Sincerely

No offense taken. Thanks for the feedback.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CT Dakota
posted Hide Post
After buying a P220, I finally had to order one from Brownell's.

Posts: 1162 | Location: SW Florida,USA | Registered: September 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, mine finally came a couple of days ago. All I can say is WOW! These things should be selling for $50 a pop Cool. I had to rewind and take notes on a couple of parts because I never realized how ignorant I am on our Sigs.

Patrick Ray
Sig Pro 2340
Sig 226 9mm
Sig GSR Stainless
Walther P22
Kel-Tec P11
More than I can list.

Posts: 982 | Location: Auburn, Alabama | Registered: October 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned\Troll
posted Hide Post
Great vido DVD. Parts and guns really easy to see. The lighting is very good with no showdows and parts are easy to see. Have other instructional vidoes which I cannot say the same for. If you own a Sig you need this product.

Posts: 463 | Location: FL | Registered: August 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cap811
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine today!!

Posts: 126 | Location: STL | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JayDee
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one, too. I'm nearing the time for a good tear-down and cleaning/inspection. Might as well have this to guide me along Big Grin

____________________________________________________________________________________________
SIG P220 .45 | SIG P239 9mm w/MS VM-II IWB Holster |

Posts: 160 | Location: Northwest AR | Registered: November 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I just put my order in the mail (directly to you guys, not Brownells). I'm definitely looking forward to this, if the level of expertise presented in the DVD is as top-notch as what you've provided to us here in the forum.

Posts: 74 | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RavenVT100:
Chris,

I just put my order in the mail (directly to you guys, not Brownells). I'm definitely looking forward to this, if the level of expertise presented in the DVD is as top-notch as what you've provided to us here in the forum.

Thanks! I'll let you know when it arrives.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The A2 Version
Picture of urbancamo
posted Hide Post
Chris,

I just got my copy of the DVD from Brownells today and watched the P226 part so far. Very nice job!

"Enter Dremel... Exit warranty!"

Posts: 2501 | Location: Bucks County, PA | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JayDee
posted Hide Post
I got mine today as well. It's great! It's made everything pretty much idiot-proof now! Well worth the money.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
SIG P220 .45 | SIG P239 9mm w/MS VM-II IWB Holster |

Posts: 160 | Location: Northwest AR | Registered: November 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine today also. Very nice! I'm going to go through most of it later tonight. Thanks again.

Posts: 74 | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post