SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TX35:
Is there not a disassembly for the Sig Pro on there??

Nope. Maybe next one!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8752 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of h2o joe
posted Hide Post
Just rec'd my DVD directly from Chris Cool

Looks like I have a weekend project on tap!

Great stuff guys, thanks!

"Let it rain"

Posts: 194 | Location: South-Central Missouri | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
Chris,

My video was on backorder for a few days, but it was worth the wait. Exactly what I was hoping it would contain. Tools needed, a few tips and tricks and nice narrative of the process.

Outstanding!

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
$20.00 for Brownells members

I went ahead and ordered the DVD (backordered) - but whats a Brownell's member?

best regards

Posts: 29 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First off, I apologize for the backorders. We ship to Brownells no later than 24 hours after they submit a re-order. Chris W. has been awesome in getting these shipped out in a timely manner.

I'm not sure what a "Brownells member" is either, but they offer discounts to dealers, LE and military, and it's not too hard to figure out a way to qualify for their discount. For many items, the discount is significant. For some items the discount doesn't apply.

Thanks for ordering the DVD Wink.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8752 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powernoodle:
quote:
$20.00 for Brownells members

I went ahead and ordered the DVD (backordered) - but whats a Brownell's member?

best regards

Brownells should have more in-stock early this week. I just sent another batch a few days ago and I'll be sending more to them tomorrow as well. Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chief Littlewords
Picture of BLP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2o joe:
Just rec'd my DVD directly from Chris Cool

It's probably the best 'Feel Good' hit of the Summer movie lineup Big Grin

Got mine today, Chris.
Many thanks Smile

Posts: 1710 | Location: NC | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BLP:
It's probably the best 'Feel Good' hit of the Summer movie lineup Big Grin

Got mine today, Chris.
Many thanks Smile

You bet! Thank you.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm glad good product did not go unnoticed. Smile

Posts: 7336 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
- but whats a Brownell's member?

It's like joining a mega bargain mart of misc. gun items...

There's a sky-blue coloured box on the left side of their home page, that, after filling in the blanks you will see temendous savings as a "member".
Then you start saving money...

I've saved hundreds after spending thousands ! Frown

Oh well , guess the kids will go to public school !

Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead

Posts: 46 | Location: Chicago Illinois | Registered: May 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TomN
posted Hide Post
Great dvd! Every Sig enthusiast should own a copy!

Posts: 454 | Location: Indiana | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Hey Chris, can I still order mine from you? I sent an email when you first had them on the forum.....but I forgot to get a money order. I was going to get one tomorrow and mail it right away....is that still okay?

Surefire

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Surefire:
is that still okay?

Sure. Contact Chris W. at the address in my bolded sig line if you need the address. Thanks!

posted Hide Post
I received the DVD and watched it tonight.
It is excellent, covering everything in detail for the classic SIGs.
Not only does it explain disassembly and reassambly very well, but I found it extremely helpful for understanding the function of each part of the gun.
Great material!

Mig01

Posts: 184 | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
if I own only the P229R (DAK) right now should I get this video?

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of buddyRoland
posted Hide Post
Taught me how to break down my Sigs completely. Nice video.

God Bless America

Posts: 3490 | Location: Dale City, VA | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
if I own only the P229R (DAK) right now should I get this video?

Yes Smile

The DVD does not specifically mention the DAK or the differences between it and the traditional DA/SA models. I own a DAK and standard Sigs and I believe the only difference is the trigger mechanism but I've never taken my DAK apart to the same detail that I have my older stamped slide P226 for example so I don't know for sure.

I put short triggers in a couple of my Sigs but read here that the same task is a bit more difficult in a DAK. Luckily, my DAK came with a short trigger installed

So, the DVD will help you understand the inner workings of your DAK but not to the degree that it would a P226 or P228

Posts: 4074 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
The DAK trigger and trigger bar assembly is somewhat trickier to remove and install than the standard Classic-series' parts, but only a little. I worked on my newest DAK P229 last night and after fiddling with the assembly for a couple of minutes and found the magic spot, it came out and dropped back in with no difficulty. The early stories of having to remove the hammer and sear assembly before taking the trigger and trigger bar out of the gun are not true.

** Updated re P226 DAK. When I originally posted this, my DAK experience had been limited to working on P229s. After receiving a P226 DAK, however, I tried to disassemble it the same way as the 229s and was unable to get the trigger and trigger bar out before removing the sear assembly. I don't know whether I just wasn't persistent enough or whether the 226 design actually makes it impossible to remove the trigger assembly first.

Anyone who would like to see my brief discussion of the techniques involved can e-mail me directly (please mention that you're interested in the DAK trigger instructions):
w3cid at amigo period net

The rest of the DAK mechanism is no more difficult to work on than the standard guns'. The hammer is different and must be slid into place from the front rather than from above or behind, but that's its only issue. The DAK pistols don't have a hammer reset spring or, of course, a decocker assembly.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sigfreund,

Posts: 47343 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Firearmz
posted Hide Post
I recieved my video yesterday. I have only partially watched it and can already see the benefits of having it. For some one that is not a gun smith it is truely an asset. I will be getting the sig apart this weekend, performing a detailed cleaning, lube and reassembly.

Picked up a new P229 Rail yesterday, put a set of SigLites on it and gave it a good breaqk in session yesterday too.

Was a pretty good day Big Grin

Posts: 324 | Location: Georgia | Registered: March 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gft28:
If anyone has any suggestions for other "beginner gunsmithing" items like this that they can personally recommend, it would be greatly appreciated.

It may seem too simple for experienced gun owners, but how about a DVD showing the gun cleaning process from start to finish? It would greatly help new gun owners.

Posts: 7 | Registered: July 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post