SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig Armorer Video at Top Gun Supply Login/Join 
Picture of tedbo
posted Hide Post
Well,I understand that the dvd's are for the Sig Pro.
What about the Sigs that were made in the mid-90's?
Excuse my ignorance,i have had my Sig for a few years and am only recently getting into the finer aspects.

Posts: 256 | Location: Mid-Tn. | Registered: November 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
tedbo,

We have two DVDs. One for the SIG Pro and one for P-series SIGs; i.e., P229, P220, P226, P228, P239, and P230/232.

Thanks.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic, I received the DVD on Friday. Sat morning I installed short triggers on 2 P229's & 2 P226's in about an hour. Saved myself 1 hour travel, $100.00 at the gunsmith, & $10 in gas. Just like the video, the 226 trigger & bar has less clearance. Had to jiggle them around a bit. I will now order the Sig-Pro video.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4263 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tedbo
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!
I see me calling for some 220 parts and a dvd!

Posts: 256 | Location: Mid-Tn. | Registered: November 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another plug for this great DVD. In fact, I'm going to recommend it to all my friends...even the ones who aren't into guns.

Okay, maybe that's going too far, but this really is a fine guide to disassembly, maintenance, and lubrication of SIG pistols, clearly and concisely explained and illustrated, and incredibly informative. Even if you never intend to detail-strip your pistol unless you absolutely have to (like me), it's still very much worth owning, if only for the sensible lubrication tips, the trigger removal information, and cutting the difficulty of removing the firing pin positioning spring in machined-slide SIGs down to size (again, I have no intention of doing that, but it's nice to see it can be done in a pinch without excessive peril). But of course there's much more of interest on this disc.

Thanks, Chris!

Posts: 51 | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With an SP2022, do I need any special tools?

Leam
--Addendum, just ordered my DVD from TGS. Looking forward to it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: leam,

Posts: 112 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leam:
With an SP2022, do I need any special tools?

Leam
--Addendum, just ordered my DVD from TGS. Looking forward to it!

It's been awhile since I've worked with a SP, but I just used a 3/32" punch to push some pins in the frame and to act as a slave pin when installing the trigger assembly.

You'll need a 3mm cup tip punch (and hammer) to remove the firing pin and a small, flat-blade screwdriver to remove the extractor.

Thanks for ordering the DVD, it discusses the tools needed to service the SP. Good luck!

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chris! I've turned half my garage into a hobby armorer's area so those sorts of tools shouldn't be a problem. Now if I can find the Brownell's part numbers for "Skill" and "Patience", I'll be set. Razz

Leam

Posts: 112 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dkcabell
posted Hide Post
Do these DVDs cover the SAO versions?

Posts: 48 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dkcabell:
Do these DVDs cover the SAO versions?

Sorry, no.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8765 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If anyone is waffling about buying the DVD for your pistol, GO FOR IT!

You get to see Chris O's smiling face while he clearly shows disassembly and re-assembly of the pistol. Immediately after showing how to take each part off, he shows how to put it back on. That's a great way to learn the process; take yours apart a bit at a time, and put it back together before taking it further apart. That way you know how to reassemble when you have the pile of parts on your bench.

Spoke to Tom and Michele at Top Gun Supply Wednesday afternoon and had my DVD in Friday's mail! I hope your's gets home as fast!

Leam

Genius
Picture of ST3 Rock
posted Hide Post
I got mine last week and this instructional video was done extremely well. It's just that I keep kicking myself in the ass for spending money on that beautiful blue bench block when I could have drilled a hole in a piece of my barn wood. Razz Great job guys. Very educational. So that is what they mean by the "Chicago Mod"

Posts: 9283 | Location: Cecil County MD | Registered: January 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tom01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ST3 Rock:
I got mine last week and this instructional video was done extremely well. It's just that I keep kicking myself in the ass for spending money on that beautiful blue bench block when I could have drilled a hole in a piece of my barn wood. Razz Great job guys. Very educational. So that is what they mean by the "Chicago Mod"

Thanks for buying the DVD, ST3. We appreciate the nice feedback.

__________________________________________________________________________________
David Harsanyi responds to critics of war memorial for Navy Cross recipient Danny Dietz:
"When a dove can protect our children from religious fanatics who'd like to behead them, I'll visit the National Peace Dove Memorial. For now, I look forward to taking my kids to Littleton and explaining why guys like Danny Dietz deserve to be honored."

Posts: 4394 | Location: Utah | Registered: August 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just placed my order for the dvd, along with 2 p229 12rd mags, and a takedown, from topgusupply ,cant wait to get the stuff....Smile

Sig Sauer P229r

Posts: 87 | Location: texas | Registered: February 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just received me order........ didnt quite expect it this fast...... 2 days and its here...Smile TGS is the best.....

Sig Sauer P229r

Posts: 87 | Location: texas | Registered: February 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello,

have the armorer's course, am I crazy or did you skip over the slide release lever spring on the full assembly instructions chapter? You mention the detent in the disassembly lever to clear the spring but I never noticed it being put in.

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I covered it Wink.

posted Hide Post
any chance you could point me to it? I can't find it. Seems like you go from putting the trigger in to the trigger pin to the slide release then right on to the block, I must have gone through that section 50 times trying to find it.

Posts: 12 | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have the DVD in front of me, but this is the first I've heard of any info being missing from the DVD. The spring fixes into the left side of the locking insert. The 90 degree bend at the front of the spring fits into a hole on the left side of the insert.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
I don't have the DVD in front of me, but this is the first I've heard of any info being missing from the DVD. The spring fixes into the left side of the locking insert. The 90 degree bend at the front of the spring fits into a hole on the left side of the insert.

It is on my copy of your video.

"It is easier to fight against a loss than to ever get it back after you lose it. " Joe Nava

Posts: 409 | Location: Southern Kansas | Registered: September 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post