SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Sig 1911 MIM parts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sig 1911 MIM parts Login/Join 
posted
Are MIM parts used in these or not? I have heard and read both.
Thanks
Carl

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
Oh the old MIM debate again. So soon. Roll Eyes

Posts: 4985 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
The newer Kimbers have them. Bought one for cheap because the extractor went missing, well that and it was a .17 caliber 1911.

As far as a Sig, I'm fairly certain the X-Five doesn't have them.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prince Herman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 512 | Location: S.E. Pa. | Registered: October 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Almost as good as the "which oil is best for my Harley".

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Or: Ford vs Chevy.
Or: 30-06 vs .270.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:

That was an interesting read. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no debate, no ford, or Harley oil, a very simple question:
Are MIM parts used in a Sig 1911? yes or no?

there is money riding on this(not much $ but a little)
Carl.

Posts: 41 | Location: Bofire1@comcast.net | Registered: May 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bofire:
no debate, no ford, or Harley oil, a very simple question:
Are MIM parts used in a Sig 1911? yes or no?

there is money riding on this(not much $ but a little)
Carl.

Yes. I worked on one my son bought a couple of years ago. Pretty outside, MIM parts were dismal. Rough surface on disconnector was scratching back of trigger bow. Sides of sear were not parallel. Hammer hooks were about 15 thou' too high for lots of creep. Ir would have cost about $125 to replace those parts with machined (at least good parts are available at reasonable cost on 1911's - - I spent several hours cleaning up and truing existing parts (I work cheap), but it would have made more sense just to replace the fire control parts.

Not intending to fuel the MIM debate. That won't stop mfgs from cutting costs.

BTW, the gun, using all stock parts, did end up with a very nice trigger - I even modified the trigger bow to eliminate pre-travel. I still would fork over the extra $3 or 4 bills and get a CZ DW - before SIG's 1911 offering. I do like the Classic P legacy slides though.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bumper, so it has MIM parts for sure, I thought so. read one place said no, one place said yes???
still trying to learn about these guns.
Carl

Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
It depends, on model and / or date of manufacture. Generally speaking, SIG-procured mim is qualitatively very good to excellent in their 1911's.

And that's coming from me, not historically a big fan of the process.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post