SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Thumb safety for 320SC in9mm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thumb safety for 320SC in9mm Login/Join 
Picture of bare bones
posted
Does anyone know if a safety for the 320SC is available or manufactured ? Is anyone offering that upgrade?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bare bones,

"Only the Dead Have Seen an End to War" Plato.

Posts: 1198 | Location: South Rome, Illinois | Registered: December 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As far as I know, Sig has said that non-ms p320 fcu cannot be converted to manual safety. Milos Klacko, the Sig Armorer, is developing a MS conversion kit for the P365, but no mention of one for the full/carry/compact carry/sub-compact size fcu, and I'm assuming the p365 one is different/smaller. (I don't own one.) I prefer a manual safety myself, and have found a ms fcu from an m17 on gunbroker, sold by Black Market arms. I have also seen fcu frames only and ms parts kits for sale. MS configurations for the P320 series are definitely problematic. Good luck.

Posts: 21 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Hi Bare Bones,
I just completed the P320 Armorer Course, no mention of a conversion to add a manual safety as a kit. I don't have a P320 with a safety to compare it against my non-safety P320 to state if such a conversion is possible. The Armorer manual does not have diagrams clear enough for me to tell if it's just a matter of the correct parts being installed or if the FCU frame is actually different.

Hi One Eye,
Gray Guns has released their P365 manual safety kit. It is complete with a new grip module having the manual safety cut-out, manual safety lever, manual safety lever spring, and manual safety lever plunger.

$159 for Black grip module
$199 for Cerakote Gray grip module

www.GrayGuns.com/product/laser-sculpted-grip-module-p365-manual-safety-system/

Posts: 2854 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is anyone offering that upgrade?

Might be quicker/easier to just get a manual safety trigger group?

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Surprise, surprise ~ I found a shop that will add a manual safety onto a standard P320 FCU.

AB Prototype in Poway, CA
www.ABprototype.com/services/gunsmithing/

Full service is $199 includes:
Cutting the Grip for the manual safety
Cutting the FCU for the manual safety
Cutting the Trigger Bar for the manual safety
Installing the Manual Safety assembly (Left Lever, Right Lever, Detent, & Detent Spring)

Instead of their package, they offer:
Cutting the Grip for the manual safety $45
Cutting the FCU for the manual safety $55
You need to purchase the Trigger Bar for the Manual Safety and the Manual Safety Assembly from Sig Sauer to complete the build yourself.

Posts: 2854 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post