SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Problem with takedown lever on Sig P220 **UPDATE**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with takedown lever on Sig P220 **UPDATE** Login/Join 
posted
Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with my takedown lever not staying down at the 6:00 position when I field strip my P220. The lever wants to rotate back around 4:00 or so. I have to hold it down with my left hand and manipulate the slide and release with my right in order to field strip. Also, I want to mention that this P220 is practically in new condition, having less than a box of ammo through it. I have never had this problem with any of my other Sigs, so any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance,
Matt

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lilskeez,

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
One of my 5 P220s does the exact same thing. I have no idea why, but then I'm not much of a gunsmith.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is sometimes an issue with specific guns. I don’t know what causes it either, but you could try replacing the recoil spring guide rod and/or takedown lever to see if that helps.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Give it a little oil and rotate have a dozen times.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Yes, it is sometimes an issue with specific guns. I don’t know what causes it either, but you could try replacing the recoil spring guide rod and/or takedown lever to see if that helps.

To tack on:
Is the guide rod a “fat style” guide rod or standard OEM width?

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I appreciate everyone that commented on my post and tried to help me. I ended up sending the pistol back to Sig and just got it back yesterday. The comment from the gunsmith says: "inspected the pistol, replaced the slide catch lever spring, tested without issues."

So apparently the slide catch lever spring was the problem.

Thanks,

Matt Logan

Matthew Logan

Posts: 414 | Location: NC | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post