SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P320 Slide Catch assembly with Conversion Kit?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Slide Catch assembly with Conversion Kit? Login/Join 
Picture of Malysh
posted
Today I received a 40 cal full size conversion kit for the 9mm Carry P320 pistol I bought last year.
With the kit came a new slide catch and a spring (no spring post included).

Do I need to change out the existing slide catch in my lock work? This pistol was sent back to SIG last year for the "voluntary upgrade" and had the trigger replaced.

I would have called SIG today but I'm pretty sure they are closed on weekends.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Mike

Posts: 418 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The change to the slide catch lever was made prior to the drop safe upgrade.
If you are just going to use the slide with your current grip module you do not need to change the lever.
If your FCU fits in the new new grip without interference, you do not need to change the lever.
If you want to use the new grip and your current slide stop lever interferes when you try to insert the FCU, then you need to change it.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Malysh
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Rich. My original 9mm FCU appears to have the later type lever.

Posts: 418 | Location: PA | Registered: November 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post