SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    P938 front sight
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P938 front sight Login/Join 
posted
Loaned mine to a friend who returned it minus the fiber insert fro the front sight. Claimed it was never there, altho I know twas

Is there a place to get a replacement insert?

some 'knowledgable' guy said I wud need an entirely new front sight

True? or not?

TIA

Posts: 9 | Location: Mass/Fla | Registered: January 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JAFO
posted Hide Post
If this is the Equinox version with the TruGlo TFO front sight, I don't know if you can replace that fiber optic tube, since it's mated up against a tritium vial. I had a set of TFO's on a .40 P229 at one point. When the fiber optic rod popped out of my front sight, TruGlo offered to send me a replacement sight. You might contact them and ask.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>
"I drank what?" - Socrates

Posts: 5181 | Location: S.A., TX | Registered: July 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know if you can replace that fiber optic tube, s

No. That front sight really sucks. I've been through three on a 320 and a friend as many. the Pro Shop got tired of changing them out. The factory will replace it if you wanted to send it in. I changed it over to X-Rays on the gun instead of a constant replacement.

At the suggestion of Adam Pinchard on the third replacement, he suggested a clear epoxy on the top. that lasted a few weeks.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post