SIGforum
E2 upper extractor punch - instock source?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/150601935/m/2210011064

August 19, 2019, 09:02 PM
FPNunes
E2 upper extractor punch - instock source?
I'm looking for an E2 extractor punch. Anyone have a line on one in stock? They are always out at Brownells and would like one sooner than later.

Link

Thanks!

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...
August 20, 2019, 04:42 PM
Chris Orndorff
If you need to borrow one, send me an email with your address.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

August 20, 2019, 06:45 PM
FPNunes
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:
If you need to borrow one, send me an email with your address.

Thanks, Chris! That is really awesome and I appreciate the offer. In this case it is a new pistol and I'm just putting together a tool kit for down the road. Should be quite a while before I actually need to use it.

Hopefully, one will show up over the next few months, but if not, I'll email you.

Cheers!

August 21, 2019, 12:26 AM
sleepla8er

I called KC today, he has stopped making them due to health issues. It was wonderful to get a chance to say hi to him, he taught me most of what I know about Sig's Classic Pistols...

I no longer have the tools to make E2 slide tools, but I did locate a video on YouTube that seems to cover the topic rather well.

If anyone is game to try making some ~ I would be happy to contribute a few punches. I no longer have a Sig with an E2 slide for post-modification testing.

November 11, 2019, 07:40 PM
FPNunes
Update: So it appears that Brownells now states that the punch has been discontinued by the mfr. I placed a quick call to Sig and was told that they were out and not sure if/when they would be restocking. They did recommend that I try the proshop as they might have them but couldn't be sure. Turns out that they did.

Kevin at the proshop hooked me up with one and the shipping all the way to Florida was super reasonable. If you are looking to add one to your tool kit I can highly recommend giving Kevin a call. He was great to deal with.

November 17, 2019, 03:34 PM
hrcjon
Or if you have a bench grinder, mill etc. its very easy to make one.

“So in war, the way is to avoid what is strong, and strike at what is weak.”