SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Help, Sig P220 Elite Stainless Firing pin positioning pin
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help, Sig P220 Elite Stainless Firing pin positioning pin Login/Join 
posted
My Sig P220 Elite Stainless with external extractor marked Exeter-NH has the solid milled stainless slide. My problem is the fppp continues to "walk" out of the slide. It is a single spiral style roll pin. From what I have read shouldn't it be a solid type? What are my options for replacement to keep it from sliding out? Would the two piece inner/outer style work? Thanks for your help.

Posts: 10 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
Are you the original owner, or could the FPPP be a replacement? The solid pins are not a constant diameter and have a slightly larger splined head on the left side, so the slide has to be compatible.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, I am not the original owner. It's possible it has been replaced before. I want to make sure I replace it with the proper pin. Could the roll pin be an acceptable replacement?

That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
A properly sized roll pin should work because its only purpose is to retain the firing pin. Owners who have to replace the solid pin often use a roll pin because it is easier to install. The splined head solid pin usually requires great force to seat since it is a crush fit.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll order a new roll pin and give it a shot. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.