SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Armorer    Straight Triggers for P classics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Straight Triggers for P classics Login/Join 
Picture of Greymann
posted
Bruce Gray has adj. straight triggers for P series classic pistols! Adjust for DA slack and for SA overtravel.

Posts: 1550 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I have seen straight triggers on 1911s. I haven't tried one to see how they feel. But I do believe they are fugly, and I wouldn't have one on my guns; however, YMMV.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I've seen those. They are Waaaaaay more affordable than the one for an X-Six.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bumper
posted Hide Post
Armory Craft has one as well came out with theirs before GG.

My own preference if for curved.

Posts: 1299 | Location: Nevada, United States | Registered: April 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
Good thing we resist the pressure to introduce our new products until they are fully thought-out and tested. The first prototype of what became the PSTR8 series triggers was made up at Grayguns many years ago from an early P-SPIT blank, and was shot by our associate MBoyd in his custom P226ST for quite a while. I didn't like the early geometry, and he had to convince me to fully develop the concept. I'm glad I listened!

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grayguns:
Good thing we resist the pressure to introduce our new products until they are fully thought-out and tested. The first prototype of what became the PSTR8 series triggers was made up at Grayguns many years ago from an early P-SPIT blank, and was shot by our associate MBoyd in his custom P226ST for quite a while. I didn't like the early geometry, and he had to convince me to fully develop the concept. I'm glad I listened!

-Bruce

Keep working on the design. I was really hoping these would work in the DAK Sigs but no joy. It is kind of surprising considering they were based on the P-SPIT which do work well in the DAK models as well as DA/SA. Also waiting for a version for p239 Sigs. Keep up the good work.

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Behold my
Radiance!
Picture of Grayguns
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by haul_n_horses2:
quote:

-Bruce

Keep working on the design. I was really hoping these would work in the DAK Sigs but no joy. It is kind of surprising considering they were based on the P-SPIT which do work well in the DAK models as well as DA/SA. Also waiting for a version for p239 Sigs. Keep up the good work.

Howdy! The PSTR8 design is frozen for now, having been put through the program. I don't know for certain that the PSTR8 doesn't work in DAK-equipped pistols. There's no reason that it shouldn't, but we didn't test it for that limited and redundant application. The principal benefit of the PSTR8 is found in greatly enhanced SA control, which obviously is wasted on the DAK shooter.

However, we DO have another new product thst you'll definitely appreciate. Thank you.

-Bruce

Designer and custom pistolsmith at Grayguns Inc. Privileged to be R&D consultant to the world's greatest maker of fine firearms: SIG SAUER

Visit us at http://opspectraining.com/product-cat/videos/ to order yours, and Thank You for making GGI the leader in custom SIG and HK pistolsmithing and high-grade components.

Bruce Gray, President
Grayguns Inc.
Grayguns.com / 888.585.4729

Posts: 9526 | Location: Reedsport & Spray, Oregon | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know for certain that the PSTR8 doesn't work in DAK-equipped pistols. There's no reason that it shouldn't, but we didn't test it for that limited and redundant application.

I had long discussion with Tyrel(sp?) and as luck would have it a gunsmith was working on a DAK pistol at his bench. A couple of minutes later and they had confirmed my observations. No go for the DAK pistol. Your website was appropriately changed to remove mention of DAK pistols and inform DAK pistoleros that this trigger would not work at this time.

quote:
However, we DO have another new product thst you'll definitely appreciate. Thank you.

-Bruce

You are such a tease!

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post